Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #1

Water storage??

How do I tell if my pop-up has water storage on board? I have a water inlet that I would attach a hose to, and a water outlet where I would attach a hose to but I do not see any kind of door with a large hole to fill with water. Does this mean mine does not have onboard water storage? It's a 2001 qwest 10 X.
01qwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:19 PM   #2
Site Team

I can't vouch for how a Jayco is setup, but my 86 Coleman PU had a water filler on the outside to fill the water tank. There was a one-way check valve in the water line to prevent water from the back-filling into the tank when you're hooked up to city water. Our check valve valve failed while we out for dinner one evening, filling the tank. Then the water came out the filler inlet and ran down the sides (both inside and outside) and on to the floor of the PU. By the time we got back, the water was coming out from the bottom of the stepper door. Anything that was in the cabinets on the floor was wet. It was a mess.

Lesson learned: Turn off the city water if you're leaving for any appreciable amount of time.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:03 PM   #3

I found this for a 2003 model which should be similar to yours. If you don't have the manual do a google search and you will find a PDF version to print or save.

A five-gallon portable water container is located inside the cabinet nearest the sink. A 3/8" non-pressure hose is attached to the container.

2. A ten gallon water tank may be permanently installed in your camper. To fill the tank, open the lid as shown. (Fig. 4-1) Insert or hold the water hose and fill the tank to the desired capacity. The tank has an overflow outlet, but care must be taken to not overfill it.
Fig. 4-1

3. Water may be received into the system through a direct hookup, referred to as “city water connection,” (Fig. 4-2) when attached to the entry supply and water hose.

Tank Water - place the handle into the vertical position, using short strokes.
City Water - move the handle down slowly to open the “CW” valve. Hold it in this position for quick use. Press the hancle down completely to lock it for continuous water flow.
Fig. 4-3
IWARNING: The handle should be in the TANK WATER position when connecting city water to avoid acity water spill.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote