Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #1

Unhappy Who designed this?

Hello..Hoping to get some insight on a problem we encountered with our 2013 12SC...at the base of both beds there is a 45 degree wall (slide) that runs from the floor up to about the middle of the bed base...I called it a slide because thats the effect it has on one (me) that jumps up in the middle of the night to investigate strange noises made by a roving band of viscious bloodthirsty raccoons making a successful run on my trash can..when my rear end hit the deck..the noises outside stopped for a second...(as tho' they weren't prepared for the show to start that soon after dinner) but then they kept it down to a dull roar while going thru everything on the picnic table looking for their assigned seats..I guess by the time I got up..caught my breath...and opened the door..they decided not to hang out for the encore and hightailed it for the parking lot..This (slide) also makes it nearly impossible to reach far enough into the bunk to make the beds without actually getting up on the mattress (thats alot of fun)..I dont know if this is built in to any other model other than ours..It appears that this area (front) is storage for the power cord and the rear area may hold some wiring and conduit / propane lines..anybody have trouble with this particular feature?..Has someone come up with a way around it? sorry for the long post and my writting skills.
SokMunky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

http://www.lakeviewrvcentre.com/used...P1100466%2EJPG

agreed that is a dumb design.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

anything is re-buildable though. If you don't have the skills you could hire someone to redesign it fairly cheap I would imagine. I would build a horizontal platform across it
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #4

Thanks guys...Glad I'm not the only one..I can't believe I didn't notice this before we bought it...I have the skills to modify..and have already removed a few side walls (interior cabinets) but this slanted wall goes all the way thru..instead of removing it..I think I'll figure out a way to attach a removable triangular step to it..maybe with 1/4 turn fasteners so we can use it front or back..
SokMunky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #5

And they still have those little "slides" in the 2015 models which is exactly why we went with the Jay Series 1207 instead of the Jay Series Sport. I noticed those things right off when we were shopping and could only think of how annoyed I was going to be as the marks from people's shoes started to build up on them. The one we got has a little carpeted step instead.
bvandevelde is offline   Reply With Quote