Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #21

We did it out in IN once. Since we weren't paying for the electric, we used 2 electric space heaters the first night. They were worthless. The next night we used the camper's heater and it worked well. Both nights we had the whole inside lined with blankets.
Macshane43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #22

Winter in pop-up

I used a pop-up for 4 years in Alaska and camped in some pretty cold temperatures. Using the heater usually produced too much heat. In early morning I would get out oof bed and light one burner on the stove. Within about 15 minutes it would be too hot to stay inside
Cheekjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #23

Years ago we were camping in our Jayco pop-up in Canmore, Alberta. We had been set up there for about a week so we had our manual awning out. During the last night there after we went to sleep, with the furnace running well, it snowed which was a total surprise for us. The inside of the camper was warm, not comfortably warm, but tolerable so we started to put things away to head home. At this time we did not look outside so we didn't know it had snowed and the temperature had dropped. When I walked out to see the snow I realized we were going to have troubles breaking down the camper. The awning had a couple inches of snow on it and was frozen solid. I was unable to roll it up and get it back into its cover so I had to remove it from its track and fold it as small as we could. Naturally I was not a happy camper. After lots of effort we managed to lower the top with its wet canvas. All in all not a good breakdown but that's part of camping.
Mosinee, WI.
JackMroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:03 PM   #24

I’ve tent camped in single digits, it’s all about the right gear and mindset. IF you used the pop up I’d be more concerned with cracking the windows opening and closing the camper. Getting around the condensation is easy...don’t actively heat the pop up, use passive measures to stay warm, blankets, quality sleeping bag etc, then use active heat during the day.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:00 PM   #25

Camped for several years in PUps, owned 2. Had several winter outings usually to state parks for long weekends. We always made sure we had hookups and ran 2 electric space heaters. We ran a 2nd electric cord from the power post in under the canvas end and plugged the 2nd heater into that cord. Had plenty of amps that way and the 2 heaters kept the family pretty warm in temps down into the low 20's. Less problem with condensation with electric.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote