Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   bunk door (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f34/bunk-door-1463.html)

logan262 12-18-2010 06:26 PM

bunk door

Hello first time posting on here.I have a 05 23b jayco and had to buy the front bunk door assy.due to it leaking in center.It had slight bow in center,it came with everything but the snaps on outside.I wish i had new ones but can use my old ones off old door.Does anyone know where to get these.They are self drilling. Thanks

cciparts 12-19-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan262 (Post 8681)
Hello first time posting on here.I have a 05 23b jayco and had to buy the front bunk door assy.due to it leaking in center.It had slight bow in center,it came with everything but the snaps on outside.I wish i had new ones but can use my old ones off old door.Does anyone know where to get these.They are self drilling. Thanks

Bet I know where you got the bunk door. :) LOL

Welcome to the forum.

Denise 12-19-2010 10:31 AM

Hi Logan262 and welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum! I don't remember anyone posting about door replacement here, but hope someone can help ya out. Definitely let us know what you wind up doing. More than likely it will help someone else out down the road with the same question :)

logan262 12-19-2010 12:12 PM

Yes Wess bet you can.Still would like to have factory snaps with self tapping.Took your advice and came here.I am also good sam for past 6 years Thanks

logan262 01-15-2011 08:10 AM

Well i wish the weather would get better so i could install new door.Wife doesnt like it in living room floor.But its high and dry.I will let every one know how it goes Thanks

logan262 02-04-2011 08:20 AM

Well took camper to dealer yesterday to get my new bunk door installed.They got it on and tested and leaked.Just a matter of fine tunning and adjustment.Just nervous Thanks.Will let ya know outcome.

tlhdoc 02-04-2011 08:32 PM

If the snaps you are looking for are the screw snaps, you should be able to get them at any hardware store. Good luck with the new door.

logan262 02-05-2011 08:24 AM

Thanks for info on snaps.I just hope dealer gets door fixed.I just hope jayco didnt send dealer wrong door assy.It took months to get this one.NERVOUS Thanks.

logan262 02-15-2011 08:20 AM

Well got door installed.Dealer did very nice job on install.Still got some issues with Jayco manufacture.The new door had very small bow in it but dealer contacted jayco and their techs instructed dealer what to do.They installed 3rd latch at top.Very professional and looks good.I talked to jayco about their issue and said they should at least pay for labor or part of it since dealer had to do extra work due to their door.That got heated pretty quick.I paid for new door just thought it should have no flaws.Hats off to dealer.Cant say much about jayco.