Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   Jayco Travel Trailers (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Beeping only at night? (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/beeping-only-at-night-20800.html)

Danmer 07-09-2014 03:04 PM

Beeping only at night?

Yes sounds weird but the microwave in my TT beeps all night long LOL.
All it shows is ooo on the front panel which is apparently the normal display...I can't understand. Can anyone help, thank you in advance. :confused:
Note: beeps "only" at night. :sleep:

mcfarmall 07-09-2014 03:55 PM

Most microwaves "normal" display is the clock. Try checking the owners manual that came with the microwave or look up the manual on line and read it. It sounds like a timer complete beep or something.

More info would be nice...microwave manufacturer, trailer model number, etc..

Tunce the traveler 07-09-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfarmall (Post 214673)
Most microwaves "normal" display is the clock. Try checking the owners manual that came with the microwave or look up the manual on line and read it. It sounds like a timer complete beep or something.

More info would be nice...microwave manufacturer, trailer model number, etc..

Think it could be a spike in power that returns it back to 0 ?

RVhiker 07-09-2014 05:32 PM

Could it be some other electronic device that is doing the beeping? I'd be in favor of unplugging the microwave at night just to make sure that the microwave is the culprit.

mcfarmall 07-09-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler (Post 214693)
Think it could be a spike in power that returns it back to 0 ?

I would think a voltage dip could be more of a cause than a spike. Spike being over nominal and dip less than nominal.

Good suggestion, RVhiker on unplugging the micro to be sure it's the culprit.

SecretCoveDave 07-09-2014 07:40 PM

x2

SouthCo 07-09-2014 08:29 PM

Yeah unplug it to make sure. We tested ours when when bought the new trailer in march to make sure it worked. Then I unplugged it and it has stayed that way since.......

Jagiven 07-09-2014 10:35 PM

Every time we unplug from shore power the microwave losses its memory and displays 000 until we reset the clock. We rarely ever set the clock as we typically are only at the camp site for a few days.

Un plugging the microwave is a great test. How often does it beep?

What model and year is your TT, it might help diagnose the issue.

Tunce the traveler 07-09-2014 10:44 PM

I've been testing mine today and can't get it to beep like yours.

Brownie 07-10-2014 04:25 AM

#1 - set the clock when you set up camp. Not sure if it will stop the beeping, but at least you'll know what time the beeping starts.

#2 - If I don't take my food out (or at least open the door) as soon as the timer hits 0.0, mine will beep at me too. You might want to check inside the nuker to make sure there's not a 3-week old bagel that someone heated up and forgot about.

Hey, I'm just trying to cover all the bases. :lolhitsign: