Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   General Jayco RV Chat (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Camping dinner (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/camping-dinner-20845.html)

Camping Couple 07-11-2014 08:45 PM

Camping dinner

1 Attachment(s)
Well this is what we had tonight for dinner.....lobster.

Snake Plissken 07-11-2014 08:56 PM

Nice

PugetSoundguy 07-11-2014 09:00 PM

Looks awesome. Where are you camping? How did you prepare them? I am hungry.

Camping Couple 07-11-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugetSoundguy (Post 215354)
Looks awesome. Where are you camping? How did you prepare them? I am hungry.

We are in Michigan. We just steamed them in a pot with about 2-3" of water for about 20 minutes. Back story....I am originally from Boston. So at least once a year I have to have a seafood feast from back home. We got the lobster at the local supermarket. They had live lobster. Also prepared grilled scallops.

PugetSoundguy 07-11-2014 09:13 PM

That sounds great. I grew up in Michigan (Saginaw) but then worked in Baltimore, San Francisco, and now Seattle. I grew to love crabs in Baltimore, so I think I'll pick up some here for our next camping trip and do just what you are doing! And in Baltimore, we steamed them just as you describe, not like the boiling that is popular with the bigger crabs here. As a salute to the NW, maybe I'll bring the smoker along and throw in some salmon... Like I said, I'm hungry!

Camping Couple 07-11-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugetSoundguy (Post 215358)
That sounds great. I grew up in Michigan (Saginaw) but then worked in Baltimore, San Francisco, and now Seattle. I grew to love crabs in Baltimore, so I think I'll pick up some here for our next camping trip and do just what you are doing! And in Baltimore, we steamed them just as you describe, not like the boiling that is popular with the bigger crabs here. As a salute to the NW, maybe I'll bring the smoker along and throw in some salmon... Like I said, I'm hungry!

Are the blue crabs what you are referring too? When I was in the Coast Guard stationed in New Jersey, we would net the blue claw crabs and steam them....yum!

mcfarmall 07-12-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camping Couple (Post 215351)
Well this is what we had tonight for dinner.....lobster.

If you had thrown another one in there I could have shown up and helped you eat!!

Brownie 07-12-2014 06:18 AM

Who says campground dinners are all burgers & weenies? Way to go! :crazy::crazy:

RoyBraddy 07-12-2014 09:34 AM

We usually camp off the power grid and always eat good regular meals just like at home... Last skimpy meals for us was back in the 60s tent camping. Was a chore back them bringing all the good meals in with you- Having ICE back them was also another problem...

Now days all this comes included with the modern trailers - even our OFF-ROAD POPUP has all the modern convenience items

https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachmen...f002ac5f37.jpg

We can eat our first class meals sitting outside watching full blown high def TV way back off the power grid which we do alot....

Roy Ken

glsimms 07-12-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camping Couple (Post 215356)
We are in Michigan. We just steamed them in a pot with about 2-3" of water for about 20 minutes. Back story....I am originally from Boston. So at least once a year I have to have a seafood feast from back home. We got the lobster at the local supermarket. They had live lobster. Also prepared grilled scallops.

Man they look great!

The closest thing to real lobster down here where I live is at Red Lobster!

I keep telling myself I'm going to eat one of those one day. But I don't know if I could bring myself to wearing one of those bibs or not!!