Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   Jayco Class C Motorhomes (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   Hot hot, hot (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5/hot-hot-hot-28373.html)

MadDad 06-24-2015 12:07 AM

Hot hot, hot

I never used the fresh water tank before, but yesterday coming back into IL from TN we stopped for the evening at a WM in central IL. I decided to take a shower for the first time from the fresh water tank. It had been a hot day, in the upper 90's and the water was so hot using just the cold valve that it was almost imposable to handle it. Has anyone else experienced this??

adaigle 06-24-2015 05:29 AM

I have a hot water control knob in my bathroom and only use my hot water tape in the shower. If thats not the problem, the water flow through the hot water on demand is really slow causing the water to get a lot hotter. I had this problem in my 2012 Jayco Skylark until I removed the water pressure regulator. Water pressure in the campground was low to start with.

LkptRvPilot 06-24-2015 07:39 AM

Yes. We went on vacation a few years ago in November. Driving through South Carolina and Georgia, it was Hot. And the black asphalt just made everything underneath hotter. Needless to say, the fresh water was very hot water.

mike837go 06-24-2015 07:44 AM

Camp in the Adirondacks! You won't have that problem.

Mud, black flies, mosquitoes, freezing temps in May, porcupines... But not THAT problem.

TWP723 06-24-2015 08:05 AM

I wonder if the Glacial Pkg belly cover helps with this? Hmm

mike837go 06-24-2015 08:54 AM

Unquestionably it would help keep the water cooler. Insulation is insulation. It would slow down the transfer of heat.

Though how much? Considering what a sunny day will do to asphalt!

Subaru297 06-24-2015 10:25 AM

Is it possible you were having a water bypass issue? Rather than getting cold water you were getting hot water from the water heater through the cold water line?

Especially if this was the first use you could have a big air bubble in you hot tank that builds pressure when the water pump runs and then builds more pressure as the water tank is heated. Then the air pocket pushes the hot water out through the cold water lines.

mike837go 06-24-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaru297 (Post 314752)
Is it possible you were having a water bypass issue? Rather than getting cold water you were getting hot water from the water heater through the cold water line?

Especially if this was the first use you could have a big air bubble in you hot tank that builds pressure when the water pump runs and then builds more pressure as the water tank is heated. Then the air pocket pushes the hot water out through the cold water lines.

I'd dismiss that issue since the OP seemed to have used the city water connection earlier in the trip without incident.

bgermane 06-24-2015 12:28 PM

Yes. Our long summer trips always take us through Vegas on our way to some place cooler. Our tank water always gets so hot you don't need the WH for a comfortable shower. Heck, the water coming from hook-ups at any campground in the area is hot. What a miserable place come summer.

TWP723 06-24-2015 12:37 PM

Ewww.