Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   General Jayco RV Chat (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Exterior TV Mount System - Slick! (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/exterior-tv-mount-system-slick-30248.html)

SparkDr 08-27-2015 09:39 AM

Exterior TV Mount System - Slick!

Picked up our new 2016 White Hawk 27DSRL two days ago. Has an exterior television mount and is prepped for TV in the bed area. Decided to look into getting the same mount to use inside and then could easily move TV back and forth from one location to another. What I learned is that this is much easier said than done sometimes, so I'll share my experience here to help someone in the future. Pic attached.https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachmen...d326ba6b8e.jpg. Made by L&W Engineering and called the KeBloc system, it has a couple of really neat options to hang a table or garbage bag holder off the exterior mount when television is not in use. I tracked them down through a Google search but couldn't find an outlet for purchase, so I called and spoke to Ryan at their facility. He admitted they don't do a very good job on their marketing nor do they make it easy to order online. They have it designed in a way that you actually have to perform a customer setup online and then you can place an order once setup has been processed. Thankfully, Ryan offered me a workaround and we quickly placed an order over the phone. Very friendly and helpful. Reasonably priced, too. I got a tilt and swivel bracket with an 2nd KeBloc mount for $69.57 plus shipping. I'm guessing my dealer would be at least twice that amount and have me waiting for 2 weeks to get it. Check them out at LW Engineering. I'm a very happy camper!

DJ-Camper 08-27-2015 02:25 PM

I have been wondering for a long time what that was on the exterior of my White Hawk! Good to know thanks!

JoeHawk 03-06-2016 10:46 AM

Can I assume that the screws with that mount are adequate in the "mount here" sticker area in the bedroom? Did you have any problems getting the block secured?

SparkDr 03-06-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeHawk (Post 383688)
Can I assume that the screws with that mount are adequate in the "mount here" sticker area in the bedroom? Did you have any problems getting the block secured?

Mine worked just fine with the provided screws for mounting a KeBloc in the bedroom area although I did opt to pre-drill pilot holes. Just a bit of advice...make sure your TT is level when mounting the Bloc. It may sound like a no-brainier, but my outdoor mount from the factory has just a bit of a tilt to it from what I guess is a failure to level before install.

GoodOldGus 03-08-2016 07:52 PM

Would it be just as easy to install a KeBloc on the exterior of your TT? I like your idea of having the same system both inside and out.

SparkDr 03-09-2016 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodOldGus (Post 384777)
Would it be just as easy to install a KeBloc on the exterior of your TT? I like your idea of having the same system both inside and out.

No problem at all. I'd contact Jayco for the build drawings and/or a recommendation on where to mount it. Level the TT before mounting the KeBloc and don't forget to run a bead of caulk or silicone around it when done.

johnsoax 03-09-2016 07:28 AM

Thanks for finding this. We were looking at how to put a TV in our back bunk on our 23B, and we have the mount on the outside, so making it so that one TV could be used in both places was a no brainer...

WyEm 04-12-2016 02:08 PM

I have the 2016 Whitehawk 27DSRL as well. It makes perfect sense to install the same tv mount in the bedroom and just move the tv inside or out as you need it. I'm going to save this post for future reference. Thanks!

jacko147 04-12-2016 03:06 PM

I already bought the mount and haven't even taken delivery yet, it was ez to sign up and purchase it, the mount was like $4 and shipping was about $10.
I emailed jayco hoping they would just give me one, they referred me to have my dealership get one, it was easier to spend the $14 from the website

Jm9301 04-14-2016 08:44 AM

Wow this is an awesome find. I have 0 desire to put a tv in my unit and was trying to think of a way i could fab up something for that mount on the outside of my unit.

blujay40 08-08-2016 05:53 AM

I saw those on the Whitehawks, thought they were a great idea and asked why Jayco didn't put them on other models, like the Eagle TT we have on order? They put a power outlet and cable hookup but nowhere to hang a TV.

I also asked if they could be installed at the factory as a "pink list" item like the slide toppers are, and was told no. Jayco told me that each product manager decides that sort of stuff. Guess the Eagle product manager just felt that any Eagle TT owners that want a TV outside can just lug around a stand of some sort to put a TV on?

Anyway, I also ordered the tilt/swivel mount and 2 Kebloc's and will be mounting one outside and one in the bedroom. I also got them to email me the wall layout for our model. Looks like a really solid setup and should be an easy mod.

Jay Dreamer 10-14-2016 03:45 PM

Would there be an issue with mounting one of these on a fiberglass sided unit?

I worry about the "vacuum bonding" and intrusion into the side panel.

Paintinfool3 10-14-2016 04:49 PM

I cant see where it would be if you find the aluminum or wood studding in the wall and seal it properly... I would use marine sealent that is good under water

blujay40 11-11-2016 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
When we picked up our 2017 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS a few weeks ago, I had a black Kebloc mounted on the outside, just below the bedroom window and above the cable/power outlets. I also installed a second, white Kebloc in the bedroom. I ordered the tilt/swivel mount for the TV and now can move it at will between the bedroom and outside under the awning.

I can attest that these mounts, along with my wireless DirecTV mini receiver and power supply (that I stuck to the back of the TV with sticky Velcro after this pic was taken), makes moving the TV back and forth, about as easy and simple as it could possibly get. Absolutely love the flexibility this setup affords.

pfalex 11-11-2016 03:11 PM

Thanks for the pic... I was thinking along the same lines but can you say how much the extra mount and the swivel bracket cost you?

blujay40 11-11-2016 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfalex (Post 466314)
Thanks for the pic... I was thinking along the same lines but can you say how much the extra mount and the swivel bracket cost you?

For the Tilting Swing Arm bracket and one Kebloc, it was 69.00 and change and the extra Kebloc was 4.50. Add in shipping and my total was 92.36.

The TV mount is not cheaply made, but was rather surprised on how sturdy/solid it was. Don't know if you would consider this expensive, but for me and what I was looking for, which was a clean and uncomplicated way to move the bedroom TV outside and back, the price was reasonable to me.

WNC 08-28-2017 08:10 PM

Can you share ordering information? I emailed the company but can't get a response. Thanks

blujay40 08-29-2017 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNC (Post 561341)
Can you share ordering information? I emailed the company but can't get a response. Thanks

I initially emailed also and never got a reply. Don't know if it is because no one monitors it or it's not in use any longer.

Go to their website https://www.lw-eng.com/categories/1/KeBloc-Products

Click on the link at the top for "Customer Sign Up". You MUST create an account to buy from them or even see the pricing.

A few others have just called them directly @ (574) 825.5351 but they will still go thru the process of creating an account for you.

HTH

WNC 08-29-2017 05:53 AM

Thanks, just signed up.

RoyBraddy 08-29-2017 06:51 AM

When i was in the market for using an outside HDTV setup with a larger trailer setup I decided the best thing for me to do was install the HDTV set to a swing out mount just inside the storage bay door...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f5139e708a.jpg

Doing it this way gives you the ability to quickly move the HDTV set back into the storage bay area and be locked up when you have to walk away from your trailer . Also great for pushing the HDTV set back into the storage bay when bad weather starts up on you in a hurry...

But I ended up never getting the larger Trailer so now I just hookup a splitter at the camp ground pedestal area and run two RG cables from this with one going to standard TV CABLE connection and the other RG cable gets thrown under the trailer so I can setup my outside HDTV on a table under the awning... Works good for us...

Roy Ken
https://i.imgur.com/a3T3WxN.jpg