Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   General Jayco RV Chat (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Bathroom Sink Stopper - No way to stay open? (May be BHBE or QBS specific) (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/bathroom-sink-stopper-no-way-to-stay-open-may-be-bhbe-or-qbs-specific-35786.html)

Denise 05-07-2016 04:47 PM

Bathroom Sink Stopper - No way to stay open? (May be BHBE or QBS specific)

3 Attachment(s)
So we have our new JF 29QBS. On maiden voyage, DH went to wash his hands in the bathroom sink, but the only way he could do so while allowing the water to drain is to actually remove the drain "stopper".

On our previous tt, we could pull the stopper up and secure it "open" without having to remove it each time we want to run the water without filling up the sink.

QUESTION: did we get a defective sink? Do other tt's have simple holes with out the little thingies to let the stopper adjust to drain water (specifically the BHBE and QBS owners)?

WVDusty 05-07-2016 04:59 PM

Ours is the same. I just leave it out now.

borninblue 05-07-2016 05:09 PM

Ours is the same as well. Was not excited about it having small kids. I can see them brushing their teeth and the tooth brush falling down there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

RickAE 05-07-2016 05:24 PM

sink basket strainer

We removed our plug, and with out the plug there is just a big hole so we installed a strainer to keep anything from going down the drain. I believe this is the one we bought at Home Depot DANCO 1-1/32 in. Basket Strainer in Chrome-80058 - The Home Depot
or, if you really want one with a stopper, you can buy something similar to this:
JR Chrome 1-1/2" Strainer with Pop Up Stopper - Strainers & Plugs - Sink & Drain - Plumbing
Just make sure you measure and buy one the proper size, this example is probably too large but I just wanted to show you your options.

hoppers4 05-07-2016 05:39 PM

I replaced it with one of these. Keeney Universal White Pop-Up Drain Stopper at Lowes.com

Push it in the middle and it opens, push the sides down and it closes. Much better than the original equipment.

Denise 05-09-2016 09:06 AM

Thanks for the verification's!

Also, thanks for viable options and ideas, we appreciate it. We will look into them
:)

oldmanAZ 05-09-2016 09:55 AM

Ours is the same. We usually just pull it up a bit and lean it to the side. Not ideal, but it stays open enough for the water to drain.

gloryb 05-09-2016 11:12 AM

I knew there had to be something out there better than what the sink came with. Thanks for sharing!

Country_Mouse 05-09-2016 05:25 PM

Ours is the same and I was also wondering about this! Going to check out those options posted above. :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Logan0171 05-14-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppers4 (Post 405640)
I replaced it with one of these. Keeney Universal White Pop-Up Drain Stopper at Lowes.com

Push it in the middle and it opens, push the sides down and it closes. Much better than the original equipment.

Thank you. I picked these up today and they work great. I also had the same problem with the factory drain where it would not stay open unless I removed it. On my last trailer I could pull it up and twist it a bit and it would stay open.