Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   Jayco Travel Trailers (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Bunk house trailers and poor ac,what is everyone else doing (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/bunk-house-trailers-and-poor-ac-what-is-everyone-else-doing-38719.html)

314BHDS 08-05-2016 05:25 PM

Bunk house trailers and poor ac,what is everyone else doing
 
We are currently is NC at Cape Hatteras KOA,campground is great but there is ZERO shade! 15k AC unit is keeping the trailer around 80 during the day but bunk room has to be 90 or more,it only has 1 duct running to it and it's wide open,blinds are closed,blanket over the window to help keep heat out and a fan blowing hot air out into kitchen to try ro move the air around.If I close 2 vents off the unit it gets more air obviously but worried I'll freeze the coil up.Id.like to eventually add second AC unit but it's only prepped for bedroom and that doesn't help bunk room.Any tips or ideas

ctbailey 08-05-2016 06:14 PM

I don't bother trying. You shouldn't be in a camper during the day anyways! :)

Seriously, I've only got a single 13.5 on our 32 footer bunkhouse. I did some workamping in NJ This summer averaged 110 in the sun all day. Once the sun dropped the AC cooled the camper quickly, and by the morning it was like a refrigerated box car.

Don't bother wasting the energy, camping should have a certain amount of "green" factor, right?


Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS

314BHDS 08-05-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctbailey (Post 435481)
I don't bother trying. You shouldn't be in a camper during the day anyways! :)

Seriously, I've only got a single 13.5 on our 32 footer bunkhouse. I did some workamping in NJ This summer averaged 110 in the sun all day. Once the sun dropped the AC cooled the camper quickly, and by the morning it was like a refrigerated box car.

Don't bother wasting the energy, camping should have a certain amount of "green" factor, right?


Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS

We have dogs and I can't leave then out in the sun so they have to stay in the trailer,80 deg is comfortable when it's feeling 110.Yea I agree you shouldn't be in the trailer all day but when it's that hot you need some relief.I don't really go for the green factor,campfires make more pollution in my opinion

Gone campin 08-05-2016 07:09 PM

We don't have any ducts in our bunks and they get pretty warm. We found some clamp on fans that we put on the wall by the opening and blow cool air from the main area into the bunks - the circulation alone helps, but you have to leave the curtains open a bit. One of the few disadvantages we have found with the bunks...

xkuzme1 08-05-2016 09:59 PM

Put another AC on it. You can buy an AC for 600. It doesn't have to be ducted.

schrederman 08-05-2016 10:18 PM

Wifey found some 6" clamp-on fans that run on 120VAC and got them today...(Amazon). We will be spending our first night in it Sunday night, for a better check out.

Gone campin 08-06-2016 06:33 AM

Another thing we do is turn off the water heater at night - it is under the bottom bunk on our model and tends to heat up the bunk. I need to look at insulating the space better, but until I do, I just turn it off at night...

314BHDS 08-06-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkuzme1 (Post 435542)
Put another AC on it. You can buy an AC for 600. It doesn't have to be ducted.

Yea I am definitely cosidering that option, there is a vent in there where I could put another AC.Just have to find power

314BHDS 08-06-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schrederman (Post 435545)
Wifey found some 6" clamp-on fans that run on 120VAC and got them today...(Amazon). We will be spending our first night in it Sunday night, for a better check out.

I bought a 18 inch fan that sits low to the floor and put that in the front of the trailer and have another one in the bunk room blowing out,actually kept it fairly cool today on the hottest day

lx22f/c 08-06-2016 08:36 PM

I second adding another ac unit in the bunk room. I added mine myself made all the difference in the world.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.