Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   General Jayco RV Chat (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Within the Jayco family which one is better ? (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/within-the-jayco-family-which-one-is-better-40108.html)

homer1959 09-21-2016 09:40 PM

Within the Jayco family which one is better ?
 
My WH 24 RBS 2014 disapointed me so much ... thank God Jayco respect their warranty.

However Im considering getting rid of it .... I lost all my confidence in it.

So am I going to have better luck with a Jayflight... Im looking at a conventional construction and no laminated floor for sure.

Ill stay with Jayco only for the warranty and the way they handle it
What do you think within the Jayco family, which one is a better quality or a better built Jayflight , Jayflight SLX , Eagle, Eagle HT ?

tdk2765 09-22-2016 02:53 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by conventional construction. We have the SLX (264BHW) because (a) we had to have something we could tow with our SUV at the time, and (b) we like the aluminum siding look. However, we are not anywhere close to being full timers, and ours specifically states it's meant for recreation.

Marcm157 09-22-2016 04:02 AM

Other then some minor inconveniences that were easily remedied, I have had zero issues with my Jayflight 28BHBE. We have used it hard in her first season and pulled her quite a few miles. Obviously this is just my experience but I am very happy with the quality of my rig.

robkelly 09-22-2016 05:32 AM

We had a White Hawk and now have an Eagle. The Eagle feels a little more solid to me, but the fit and finish is on par with our WH. We had about 11k miles and close to 70 nights in the WH when we traded her, and never any issues - if we hadn't wanted a little more space we'd probably still have her. We've used the Eagle a lot this year, and so far so good

mike837go 09-22-2016 05:59 AM

Remember that all Jayco's are assembled at the same factory by the same people.


Fit and finish is pretty much the same across all lines.


Going with a simpler unit will definitely save you lots of headaches. But don't expect it to be better.


I love my Jayflight 19RD. Being that it is still a mechanical contrivance, there will always be issues.

homer1959 09-22-2016 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdk2765 (Post 451071)
I'm not sure what you mean by conventional construction. We have the SLX (264BHW) because (a) we had to have something we could tow with our SUV at the time, and (b) we like the aluminum siding look. However, we are not anywhere close to being full timers, and ours specifically states it's meant for recreation.


By conventional construction I mean wood , insulating wool and a plywood floor....a la Jayflight

oldenuftoknowbetter 09-22-2016 06:29 AM

Take a look at the Starcraft Line. Starcraft is owned by Jayco and offers the same warranty. The fit and finish seems to be a little bit better than the Jaycos.

homer1959 09-22-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike837go (Post 451110)
Remember that all Jayco's are assembled at the same factory by the same people.


Fit and finish is pretty much the same across all lines.


Going with a simpler unit will definitely save you lots of headaches. But don't expect it to be better.


I love my Jayflight 19RD. Being that it is still a mechanical contrivance, there will always be issues.

Well I'm screw then..... LOL I'll have to throw another 15 grand in the air and hope to see it landing on the right side.... and I know , its not a whole lot better when builded within the Thor family in a different barn under a different name .........gee where to go ? Lance ? Grand design ?? Im not asking for a lot, all I want is ONE trip with no problem ONE...

pawpaw 09-22-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldenuftoknowbetter (Post 451120)
Take a look at the Starcraft Line. Starcraft is owned by Jayco and offers the same warranty. The fit and finish seems to be a little bit better than the Jaycos.

X2

homer1959 09-22-2016 06:51 AM

Starcraft ...humm ok.....il see if there is a dealer nearby

mike837go 09-22-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer1959 (Post 451121)
...snip... Im not asking for a lot, all I want is ONE trip with no problem ONE...

:scratchhead:Uh.... Then what are you doing going camping? Using an RV? :scratchhead:

The trials and tribulations of going off into The Great Unknown on a Grand Adventure are filled with The Tests of Life.

You want no problems? Build an underground house out of concrete. :rolleyes: And hide from the world down in there.

RV's are portable houses built as cheaply as possible. There will always be issues. Just patch it until you get someplace safe and then fix it properly when time and materials allow.

Buy in and enjoy the ride. Make new friends and above all else Have Fun!

homer1959 09-22-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike837go (Post 451134)
:scratchhead:Uh.... Then what are you doing going camping? Using an RV? :scratchhead:

The trials and tribulations of going off into The Great Unknown on a Grand Adventure are filled with The Tests of Life.

You want no problems? Build an underground house out of concrete. :rolleyes: And hide from the world down in there.

RV's are portable houses built as cheaply as possible. There will always be issues. Just patch it until you get someplace safe and then fix it properly when time and materials allow.

Buy in and enjoy the ride. Make new friends and above all else Have Fun!

I know all that :rolleyes: but in my reality, I would like one trip only one trip with no water intrusion by the slide out, or by the window, or by the furnace exaust vent, or by the pump........

I would like to walk on a floor not a trampoline....well something that only a few can understand......

I have no problem fixing a thing here and there, but I did not know that I was buying a side job ...... 24 warranty claim so far ....thats the quality Jayco promise me in 2014 ?

The quality sucks all over the industry, and the customers attitude of all is ok, thats its part of the adventure etc etc will take us nowhere ... The industry needs pressure not comprehension and excuses from their customer, they have a marketing department for that.

And I have fun dont worry, :campfire: my life doesnt revolve around my trailer thanks God,

But I will not make like that all is good in a world of Unicorn and rainbow .....

mike837go 09-22-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer1959 (Post 451147)
I know all that :rolleyes: but in my reality, I would like one trip only one trip with no water intrusion by the slide out, or by the window, or by the furnace exaust vent, or by the pump.I would like to walk on a floor not a trampoline....well something that only a few can understand. I have no problem fixing a thing here and there, but I did not know that I was buying a side job ...... 24 warranty claim so far ....thats the quality Jayco promise me in 2014 ? The quality sucks all over the industry, and the customers attitude of all is ok, thats its part of the adventure etc etc will take us nowhere ... The industry needs pressure not comprehension and excuses from their customer, they have a marketing department for that. And I have fun dont worry, :campfire: my life doesnt revolve around my trailer thanks God, But I will not make like that all is good in a world of Unicorn and rainbow .....

Seems like you've been soured by having to put up with a lemon of an RV.

A simpler rig may be a solution. Less things to go wrong: No slide outs to malfunction or leak. Fewer sinks, simpler plumbing. Winterizing and dump valves that are obvious. Simpler electrical: No inverter, built-in genset or transfer switch to go screwy at 3:00AM. Level the RV with blocks under the tires and the tongue jack with hand cranked stabilizers. Rather than an automatic leveling system that takes forever and still leaves the RV unsteady.

I will gladly welcome you into the world of the Cheap Seats!

abarkl 09-22-2016 09:21 AM

Put four wheels on your sticks and bricks house and hope it holds together long enough to make it to camp.

Bobx2 09-22-2016 10:09 AM

I used to be a hard line Jayco owner, but have since discovered there are other equally as good (or even better) rv's outside of the Jayco walls. They love to tote the 2 year warranty, but should a person really need two years of coverage? Any defects I have had have all showed up within the first 12 months, and everybody covers their units for 12 months. It's just poor quality after the first 12 months if you continue to have problems. While it's true that I was shopping for a Jayco when I discovered Heartland, from all I have read on this forum the last couple of years, I'm glad I chose to try a different direction. Three minor warranty items after the first season and zero issues since.

Crabman 09-22-2016 10:11 AM

In my humble opinion if you want the one least likely to have issues go with the Jayflight with aluminum siding. I`m basing this on 6 years of observation on what is posted on this forum and the fact that Jayflight owners outnumber all others here by a wide margin, yet seem to complain the least about their units. Other then hail damage how many complaints do you hear about aluminum sided trailers here? And the floors are rock solid. Initial quality, fit and finish however would be the same crapshoot as any other RV.

homer1959 09-22-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crabman (Post 451188)
In my humble opinion if you want the one least likely to have issues go with the Jayflight with aluminum siding. I`m basing this on 6 years of observation on what is posted on this forum and the fact that Jayflight owners outnumber all others here by a wide margin, yet seem to complain the least about their units. Other then hail damage how many complaints do you hear about aluminum sided trailers here? And the floors are rock solid. Initial quality, fit and finish however would be the same crapshoot as any other RV.

If i ever decide to let go the depreciation and the WH Crabman thats the way i'll go, I wont expect a perfect trailer , if it can only come with half of the problem i had with the WH ill be more than happy ;)

Rustysocket 09-22-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobx2 (Post 451186)
I used to be a hard line Jayco owner, but have since discovered there are other equally as good (or even better) rv's outside of the Jayco walls. They love to tote the 2 year warranty, but should a person really need two years of coverage? Any defects I have had have all showed up within the first 12 months, and everybody covers their units for 12 months. It's just poor quality after the first 12 months if you continue to have problems. While it's true that I was shopping for a Jayco when I discovered Heartland, from all I have read on this forum the last couple of years, I'm glad I chose to try a different direction. Three minor warranty items after the first season and zero issues since.

It's not all perfect in the Heartland world either:

https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandRVMyLemon/

https://www.heartlandowners.org/arch...p/t-41642.html

homer1959 09-22-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarkl (Post 451174)
Put four wheels on your sticks and bricks house and hope it holds together long enough to make it to camp.

Are you serious ? My building contractor never sell me something im supposed to put on the highway however Jayco sell me this :

Quality

  • Unmatched engineering practices
  • Superior construction materials and processes
  • Industry-leading warranty
One of the leading ultra lite travel trailers, the 2014 White Hawk features impeccable attention to detail, industry-leading construction and convenient design that makes getting down to the fun fast and easy.


thats what they sold me

Bobx2 09-22-2016 12:36 PM

How did I know that someone would get butt hurt over my post. I have owned Jayco, Keystone, Skamper and Heartland rv's. I wasn't putting anyone down, nor was I calling anyone perfect. Simply pointing out that every now and then one should do a little comparison shopping when there are many good options to look at and compare to. Pulling off the blinders and taking a fresh look around helps to assure you don't have regrets about your purchase. ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.