Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   Jayco Travel Trailers (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Rear Bolt-on Trailer Receiver (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/rear-bolt-on-trailer-receiver-46386.html)

Darin 05-14-2017 05:20 PM

Rear Bolt-on Trailer Receiver

On the back of my 2015 Jay Flight 29RKS there are two drilled brackets that are welded to the frame. Is it safe to assume that these brackets are for a trailer receiver that can be used for a bicycle/cargo rack? If so, does anybody know where I can purchase the receiver? I just called my dealer and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.

need-a-vacation 05-14-2017 05:47 PM

If your '15 had the same exact brackets as our '16 & from what I understand, some of the '17 models, yes there is a factory rear cargo hitch as it's called available. Rated for up to 300lbs tw, which will be decreased some if using a rack that hangs out the rear further than a ball mount.

We have a 4 bike tray style rack that (knock on wood!) so far had worked just fine. That's with 4 bikes at ~130lbs, plus the rack at maybe 40-50lbs.

I did buy an anti rattle hitch kit to keep the rack from bouncing in the receiver hitch.

I will see if I still have the part number as we added the cargo hitch after our rig was built as well. Maybe I posted it in my Mods Thread....

Forgot I took a pic of the sticker off the hitch for another member!!!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachmen...d14ef08acf.jpg

It is a part that has to be ordered through a dealer.

Darin 05-14-2017 06:01 PM

Thank You!!! That helps a lot! Do you know who makes that part? Is it Lippert by any chance?

need-a-vacation 05-14-2017 06:06 PM

YW!!!

No idea who makes it.

Do have your dealer verify its the correct part number before ordering!!! Hate to have a shower rod show up because the part numbers changed!!! ��

Darin 05-14-2017 06:15 PM

Will do.. Do you remember what you paid for it?

jbrnigan 05-14-2017 06:39 PM

6 Attachment(s)
My Jayco 29RKS came with the frame mounting brackets for the cargo accessory receiver, I installed the factory receiver as an aftermarket add on.
The Jayco part number is: 0240629 - Hitch, Accessory
I ordered mine from Indiana R.V. Connection and paid $170.00, FOB, Middlebury IN. I had the luxury to be able to pick mine up, shipping would add to the final price.
I attached the hitch with 1/2" grade 8 hardware. The warning label on the hitch indicates that it is rated for 300 lbs. The receiver is very well made and the install was straight forward. I installed it by myself using a floor jack, but two people would make the install much easier.
I also used scotch lock connectors to tap into trailer wiring - stop,tail and turn - to a a 4 way flat trailer connector, I plan to pull a small utility trailer behind the TT.(Jayco wiring colors did not match standard trailer wiring colors - Duh!) The Jayco wiring was loosely hung as pictured, and I ended up installing split vinyl wire loom, covering all exposed wires (the whole trailer).

Darin 05-14-2017 09:24 PM

Thank you, I will call the dealer tomorrow.

jsallman1 05-14-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by need-a-vacation (Post 522376)
YW!!!

No idea who makes it.

Do have your dealer verify its the correct part number before ordering!!! Hate to have a shower rod show up because the part numbers changed!!! ��

I am pretty sure on my 2016 29BHDS, i found out its a Lippert researching a similar post sometime last year. It looks very close (probably identical) to the bolt on unit picture jbrnigan supplied. We have yet to use it, so I cant supply any reviews in that area, I will say it is starting to get a little rust, so keeping it clean and touched up will be important.

DanNJanice 05-14-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrnigan (Post 522384)
My Jayco 29RKS came with the frame mounting brackets for the cargo accessory receiver, I installed the factory receiver as an aftermarket add on.
The Jayco part number is: 0240629 - Hitch, Accessory
I ordered mine from Indiana R.V. Connection and paid $170.00, FOB, Middlebury IN. I had the luxury to be able to pick mine up, shipping would add to the final price.
I attached the hitch with 1/2" grade 8 hardware. The warning label on the hitch indicates that it is rated for 300 lbs. The receiver is very well made and the install was straight forward. I installed it by myself using a floor jack, but two people would make the install much easier.
I also used scotch lock connectors to tap into trailer wiring - stop,tail and turn - to a a 4 way flat trailer connector, I plan to pull a small utility trailer behind the TT.(Jayco wiring colors did not match standard trailer wiring colors - Duh!) The Jayco wiring was loosely hung as pictured, and I ended up installing split vinyl wire loom, covering all exposed wires (the whole trailer).

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have quick question. Does the hitch snug right up the bottom of the rear bumper or does it hang down quite a bit?

Darin 05-14-2017 10:51 PM

That's a good question. Glad you asked it.