Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   Jayco Travel Trailers (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Jayflight SLX A/C mod ... no more constant running (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/jayflight-slx-a-c-mod-no-more-constant-running-49815.html)

jaycojay 08-12-2017 05:51 PM

Jayflight SLX A/C mod ... no more constant running

Got to test out the auto fan kit for my A/C ....Aftermarket Auto-fan Kits for Coleman RV Air Conditioners
Now, no longer have to listen to the A/C unit running all night. Set the stat on the ceiling unit, fan came on when compressor did, and shut off when desired temp was reached! Easy install too. Highly recommend:sleep:

Rendrag 08-13-2017 06:39 AM

Thank you. I have the 9430D715 assembly. Is that the same as yours? It says it will work with mine but requires additional wiring. I want one.

jaycojay 08-13-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rendrag (Post 556139)
Thank you. I have the 9430D715 assembly. Is that the same as yours? It says it will work with mine but requires additional wiring. I want one.

Mine is the 8330-763. I had to ask for the different install instructions than what comes with the kit. Yes, the 9430D715 does work also, because that was the instructions they sent me the first time. Mine did not require additional wiring, although it says that....only different wire connections!

Origjcc 08-13-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycojay (Post 555986)
Got to test out the auto fan kit for my A/C ....Aftermarket Auto-fan Kits for Coleman RV Air Conditioners

Now, no longer have to listen to the A/C unit running all night. Set the stat on the ceiling unit, fan came on when compressor did, and shut off when desired temp was reached! Easy install too. Highly recommend:sleep:

How'd it keep up with the heat? Bought one months ago and have been trying to figure out another way, haven't installed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaycojay 08-14-2017 08:26 PM

well, not in Texas here, and i know you guys are getting hit big time with the high temps!
It doesn't change the way the A/C cools, what it does is stop the fan when the compressor shuts off. It's like your home A/C, when the Compressor shuts off when the temp is met, the fan shuts off also!

Rendrag 08-14-2017 08:41 PM

I plan to order one. My other question is "Why do even the low cost window air conditioners have remote controls and our rv units which cost many times more don't?" Probably available on high end units, I suppose.

jaycojay 08-15-2017 09:04 PM

does your home A/C have a remote? Am i missing something here with my original post?

Rendrag 08-15-2017 09:30 PM

Sorry if I confused you. I just thought that it would be nice if our RV air conditioners had remotes. like many cheap window units have.

jaycojay 08-16-2017 06:20 PM

we, when it was constantly running, i would get up and shut it off .... so yeah, the remote thing may have been an option. The window style air conditioner in the 7' wide SLX models is a home A/C, and you know how we all need remotes at home ....TV, DVD, CABLE, SATELITE, and ya, the A/C!

BTW .... my answer to you kinda sounded snappy now that i re-read it ... wasn't meant to be that way!

My question is .... how much more would it cost them to install the unit that has the wall stat?

Rendrag 08-17-2017 07:45 PM

Here we are a week later jaycojay, have you had a chance to test the AutoFanKit any more? Thought that I would give you a little more time to review it before i order mine.

My understanding is that only the ducted models are configured to work with an external thermostat. In that case, it would be over $200 to change out the lower unit and install a wall mounted thermostat. This kit promises to accomplish the same thing for one tenth the money.