Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   Jayco Travel Trailers (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Bubbled up floor & Slide problem (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/bubbled-up-floor-and-slide-problem-56265.html)

gilgrc 04-24-2018 06:17 PM

Bubbled up floor & Slide problem

Newbie with couple of issues.

We just returned from our first trip in a new Flight Jay 28BHSE that was purchased couple months back. These are the problems we have:

During our trip we noticed that the linoleum/vinyl floor bubbled up in three different sections. Is this an indicator of bad news? My wife thinks so. I think maybe not enough glue was use when installed. What are your recommendations to get this fix?

The second problem we have is with the slide(looking from inside). When the slide is fully retracted one side is against the floor no gap; however, the other side of the slide there is a gap about an inch higher from the floor. How can I fix this?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Scott_Trailer_Newbe 04-24-2018 06:57 PM

If it’s new it’s under warranty through Jayco. Everything will be covered, and the tilting slide floor is not right.

gilgrc 04-24-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe (Post 631937)
If itís new itís under warranty through Jayco. Everything will be covered, and the tilting slide floor is not right.

Thatís another problem I have one Jayco dealer near where I live and since I didnít buy it from them they are reluctant to even see the TT. They say they have so much work from their customer that my TT could be in their lot for 2 or 3 months before doing something. What a joke....2 or 3 months...REALLY?!!

I have a trip coming up in June, so I thought maybe I could fix this myself. If not Iíll have to take it to this dealer after I come back

Scott_Trailer_Newbe 04-24-2018 10:06 PM

Contact Jayco directly, then let them contact the dealer. Always deal with the manufacturer, not the dealer.

cabinetmaker 04-24-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgrc (Post 631952)
Thatís another problem I have one Jayco dealer near where I live and since I didnít buy it from them they are reluctant to even see the TT. They say they have so much work from their customer that my TT could be in their lot for 2 or 3 months before doing something. What a joke....2 or 3 months...REALLY?!!

I have a trip coming up in June, so I thought maybe I could fix this myself. If not Iíll have to take it to this dealer after I come back

Get a mobile rv service to fix it...call Jayco and they will usually approve this if a dealer can't get to it in a decent amount of time.

Call any rv parks in your area and ask who they recommend. Mobile guys do lots of service in rv parks so they know who does good work.

Most rv techs are the best bet because they probably worked at the dealerships and got fed up with the stupidity and went out for themselves. Also word of mouth is how they get business so they want happy customers. I would recommend a mobile guy anytime over a dealership. Plus they come to you!

Ksmith17 05-01-2018 09:04 PM

We also have a bubbled up floor on a new 28BHS. Just picked it up last Saturday and unfortunately did not notice it until home. And it seems to be getting worse as the weather is warming up. What options did Jayco give you on fixing this problem?

blacklabbob 05-05-2018 02:14 PM

I have s one week old 28 RLS with s bubbled up vinyl floor. Dealer said they can fix.

Tim413 05-06-2018 05:32 AM

I also noticed bubbled floor on new 2018 24RBS, hoping it “settles”down this season. If not will have dealer handle at end of year visit.

ShortCircuit 05-06-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgrc (Post 631952)

Dealers like this should have there Jayco line pulled from them ..

carlamacewan 05-07-2018 10:00 AM

We noticed about two weeks after having our 2018 28BHS home that we have a piece of what we've been told is likely wood clipping underneath our flooring.

It does not impede our use of the trailer, it's just annoying once you hit it with your foot or notice it when you are sitting.

Our dealer has taken note of it and has assured us that even after the warranty is up that if it causes an issue it will be repaired and/or replaced.