Jayco RV Owners Forum

Jayco RV Owners Forum (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/)
-   General Jayco RV Chat (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   New table mount for 2020 ? (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/new-table-mount-for-2020-a-68913.html)

Tunce the traveler 07-15-2019 08:19 PM

New table mount for 2020 ?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Looking at pictures of the new Jayco 2020 trailers I saw this for the first time.

JFlightRisk 07-15-2019 08:24 PM

Does the forth person have to sit on the ottoman??

Atlee 07-16-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler (Post 774118)
Looking at pictures of the new Jayco 2020 trailers I saw this for the first time.

And I predict a short shelf life for that. I don't see anything that arrangement improves upon, but do see short comings.

JohnWedell 07-16-2019 05:58 AM

How would you get in on the right hand side. looks like you have to get in on the left-hand slide and slide all the way over. Good luck with the seat cushions lasting more than a few months before they’re worn out

DocBrown 07-16-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlee (Post 774162)
And I predict a short shelf life for that. I don't see anything that arrangement improves upon, but do see short comings.

Don't be too sure about that. In either 2012 or 2013 the industry went to a weird collapsible rack design for some of the stand alone tables that double as a bed. It's heavy and is a pinch hazard. I complained about it and replaced mine right away. Lots of people hate these. Yet, they are still using them.

https://www.jayco.com/images/pages/g...o-Back_web.jpg

Atlee 07-18-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBrown (Post 774202)
Don't be too sure about that. In either 2012 or 2013 the industry went to a weird collapsible rack design for some of the stand alone tables that double as a bed. It's heavy and is a pinch hazard. I complained about it and replaced mine right away. Lots of people hate these. Yet, they are still using them.

https://www.jayco.com/images/pages/g...o-Back_web.jpg

That same table design came in my 2017 Jay Flight 23RB. It was a hateful change from what went before. Sorry to hear they are still using it. I finally took mine out and just store it in the garage. It will go back in the trailer the day we decide to sell it or trade it.

That new design, if it's like it seems to be in the picture would cause me to not buy that particular RV. Sometimes a stupid design item will be enough to veto a particular RV. In this case, that table design is one of them.

DocBrown 07-18-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlee (Post 775020)
That same table design came in my 2017 Jay Flight 23RB. It was a hateful change from what went before. Sorry to hear they are still using it. I finally took mine out and just store it in the garage. It will go back in the trailer the day we decide to sell it or trade it.

That new design, if it's like it seems to be in the picture would cause me to not buy that particular RV. Sometimes a stupid design item will be enough to veto a particular RV. In this case, that table design is one of them.

One of my mods was to change out the table legs. We put it outside and shortly after we bought it it got soaked in a storm and swelled the edges. :mad:

Then I had a co-worker who does woodworking make me a new table from cedar planks. It's 1/3 the weight of the press wood table and with the spar varnish is pretty much water proof. When we do replace the trailer, the old table is going back in. I'll find a use for this one. :)

https://photos.smugmug.com/Hidden-Ga...-mFC5zXr-M.jpg

1carguy 07-18-2019 08:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I did a similar modification to my FW and removed the wobbly table with folding legs. This table was useless. My new table is fully adjustable up and down, swivels and pivots for easy access. Comes off in 30 seconds so it can be converted to a sleeper. This was the best mod I've made.

DocBrown 07-18-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1carguy (Post 775122)
I did a similar modification to my FW and removed the wobbly table with folding legs. This table was useless. My new table is fully adjustable up and down, swivels and pivots for easy access. Comes off in 30 seconds so it can be converted to a sleeper. This was the best mod I've made.

Did someone from Jayco steal your mod?

Tunce the traveler 07-18-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1carguy (Post 775122)
I did a similar modification to my FW and removed the wobbly table with folding legs. This table was useless. My new table is fully adjustable up and down, swivels and pivots for easy access. Comes off in 30 seconds so it can be converted to a sleeper. This was the best mod I've made.

Tell us more about this table bracket, thatís a mod thatís useful to many of us.

Tunce the traveler 07-18-2019 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found it

1carguy 07-18-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler (Post 775165)
Tell us more about this table bracket, that’s a mod that’s useful to many of us.

The bracket was made by Lagun. Found it on the internet. It was originally designed for yachts and then applied to RVs. It was about $175 on Amazon, well made and worked perfect in my RV. In my case, it wasn't an easy job because I had 2 drawers and not enough space to mount the bracket between them so I had to cut down the drawers to allow 4"space for the bracket to mount. Because it bolts to a sliding cabinet I also added supports to beef up the cabinet to support the table. It's very stable, swivels nicely for easy access. When towing, I pivot the table around, drop it down on to a couple of pillows on the cushions and tighten in place or simply remove and stow the table. The old folding leg table was a joke and totally useless. Jayco should make this standard equipment for their L shaped dinettes.

Tunce the traveler 07-18-2019 09:12 PM

Thanks for that write up and I think I’ll order one for my friends trailer. They hate that terrible table that came with it.

1carguy 07-18-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler (Post 775337)
Thanks for that write up and I think Iíll order one for my friends trailer. They hate that terrible table that came with it.

Believe me, your friend won't be sorry.

Hollander Mutthaulers 07-27-2019 03:09 PM

We use and like our standard folding-leg table. We only use it inside as the dinette. We have never even thought about bringing this heavy monstrosity outside. From the factory it was a big heavy hassle to set up and take down but one of my favorite mods was a table support along the wall. I placed a 1" vertical 2" horizontal 1/8" aluminum L along the wall and anchored it to the front edges of the benches. Now when we lower or raise the legs we simply boost the table with the wall end securely supported by the sturdy L shelf. Really easy and the aluminum bracket hardly shows.

Wm.Ince 07-27-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlee (Post 775020)
Sometimes a stupid design item will be enough to veto a particular RV. In this case, that table design is one of them.

Concur totally.
That would be a red flag and deal breaker for me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.