Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #1

5th wheel eagle ht generator exhaust

Installed An Onan 5500 lp in my 2020 25.5 reok that has generator prep.

Does any one have picture or location where exhaust is routed. also there is a spare tire below generator.

Bought used 2017 5500 Onan 470hr came with tail pipe. I will use this plus more if needed. however due to being 5th wheel with slide on driver side. wondering where to rout exhaust.

Also does anyone have wiring diagram of 2020 25.5 REOK wiring. Jayco will not furnish due that its still under warranty and they want me to take to dealer. (Not a fan of dealers) looking for transfer switch to confirm before final wiring hook up 50amp serive
Rabstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:46 AM   #2

Run the exhaust as needed. I ran mine out between my two slides on the road side. You do not want it on the curb side. You do not want to exit it under any slides or under the gooseneck. You also want to avoid having it exit directly under a window that opens.

Gen prep comes with the transfer switch installed and wired in. Connect genset wiring to 5th wheel. Black to black, black to red, whites to whites and greens to greens/bare copper.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #3

Pics of mine. I also use a gen stack where required or when close to others.

Earl
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170827_151441293.jpg   IMG_20170827_151447494.jpg  
Old 09-15-2023, 09:04 AM   #4

What did you use for a support bracket on the wall? I'm hesitant to mount something permanent there.
Matt E B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 06:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt E B View Post
What did you use for a support bracket on the wall? I'm hesitant to mount something permanent there.
I use a suction cup mount I made out of one of these.

SeaSucker 4.5" Vacuum Mount - (White) https://a.co/d/bvqCyHA

Some use the suction cups from the Gen-turi/Camco

https://tweetys.com/camco44850suctioncupmountsforgen-turigeneratorexhaustinstallationkit.aspx?utm_term= &utm_campaign=&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&h sa_ver=3&hsa_kw=&hsa_cam=17058388696&hsa_acc=14250 45090&hsa_tgt=&hsa_ad=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_grp=&hs a_src=x&hsa_mt=&gclid=CjwKCAjwgZCoBhBnEiwAz35Rwh1X JZX1957WVCfWj5U0rC8t16EP-CLlz79ZINTooTU3LjXzRgOJShoCcZYQAvD_BwE

Earl
Old 09-16-2023, 10:51 AM   #6

Hmmmm. Our Alante has the generator on the driver side under the slide. The exhaust comes out from under the coach and under the slide. The engine exhausts under the slide as well. Just food for thought.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:25 AM   #7

My Seneca has the generator under the driver-side slide but the exhaust is run up towards the front towards the driver's door, but not under it. I would NOT vent the exhaust under a slide! DANGER, Will Robinson!
1975 Triumph TR6-in progress
"For evil to triumph, good people need do Nothing!"
dwaynebmsg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 08:41 PM   #8

I've been to a few RV Parks and some overnight sports events that require the generator exhaust to exit above the RV roofline.. I don't know if they require this to protect the occupants of the RV's with generators or to simply get the fumes spread out high to avoid bothering neighbors.. Something i've always wondered but never got the answer,
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 10:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
I've been to a few RV Parks and some overnight sports events that require the generator exhaust to exit above the RV roofline.. I don't know if they require this to protect the occupants of the RV's with generators or to simply get the fumes spread out high to avoid bothering neighbors.. Something i've always wondered but never got the answer,
Protects everyone from waking up dead. Mainly the stack protects the RVs near the stack user. Also gets rid of the fumes. I use mine anytime I have others near me. Several events we go to require stacks.

Earl
Old 09-17-2023, 05:52 AM   #10

Someone should tell Jayco as ours runs under the bedroom slide.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Protects everyone from waking up dead. Mainly the stack protects the RVs near the stack user. Also gets rid of the fumes. I use mine anytime I have others near me. Several events we go to require stacks.

Earl
You would think the manufactures would mold in the exhaust to exit above roofline.. It's been many years that the Nascar tracks require roofline exaust and everyone makeshifts with material like dryer vents.. It's kind of comical in a way..
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Someone should tell Jayco as ours runs under the bedroom slide.
You are right, Jayco needs some help here. My '23 Seismic 359 has the exhaust coming out directly below the the access hole for the water hose to enter the bottom of the plumbing control panel/hook ups. I have to prop the hose out and secure it to keep it off of the exhaust pipe if we are running generator and hooked to city water. Future plan is to cut off elbow and extend the exhaust further back, but only by a foot or so.
Loaded-N-Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, generator, reok 25.5, wiring