Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2024, 09:33 AM   #1

2024 Seismic 3512 Low Voltage when retracting all jacks

Hello all! I just got a brand new Seismic Luxury 3512 back in September. When I got it home I was unable to disconnect from my truck because the front jacks were not holding pressure. After LCI sent 3 wrong pairs of jack to the technician, I finally got the right ones and was able to make my first trip in November. The weekend went smooth until I hit retract all on the control, the jacks started going up and then stopped. It took 3-4 presses to get all of the jacks all the way up. Once I loaded the BMPro app on my phone I realized it was stopping due to a low voltage error. I've had a technician working on it since Christmas. All grounds have been checked and verified, thinner hydraulic oil added, motor for the pump replaced, solenoid for the motor replaced, batteries have gone from 2 to 4 to now 6 6V batteries, pressure switches have been checked and verified, BMPro operations checked and verified. The battery voltage is still dropping below 11.7 V when retracting all. What's left to check? I understand Jayco went to a new style pump and motor this year and I don't imaging I'm the only one having this problem.
Matt E B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:17 PM   #2

Hello Mat!

So, I went through the "low voltage" thing too with my leveling system.. But also got random DC power outages even when plugged into shore power? A couple of minutes later, the power would come back on.

Do you have solar? Do you have an inverter? If so, what are your voltages showing on thoses devices verses the voltage showing on you leveling display at rest?
- 2002 Fleetwood Jamboree 23e, Class C (Sold)
JDsRVcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:05 AM   #3

Update

I do not have solar. As it turns out, with the 6 batteries charged fully, I am no longer getting the low voltage error. The jacks do still cut out during retract all though, requiring multiple presses of the retract all button for the jacks to go all the way up. Next thing I'm going to look into is the pressure switch.
Matt E B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:57 PM   #4

My issue (very similar to yours) was the hidden short stop breakers. Mine were located behind the panel that houses the DC battery cutoff switch. I have seven breakers two 50 amps and five others ranging from 30amp 20amps and so on. My problemed breaker was the main 50amp main breaker that fed all the other (battery to switch to breakers). I found that the housing breaker had a crack from the terminal and terminal itself had play/movement. I appeared that it had been over torqued during installation and was internally fractured making a poor connection.

I replaced it with an all metal case Bussman 50 amp short stop breaker and all my voltages are in spec. I can use my leveling systems over and over on two, AGM, deep cycle, size 24s batteries. When the leveling system is in use, the least voltage I've seen has been 11.5 volts.
- 2002 Fleetwood Jamboree 23e, Class C (Sold)
JDsRVcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, low voltage