Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2021, 08:26 PM   #1

New jayco 264bh owner

Hello I have just taken delivery of my first rv 2021 jayflight 264bh. As this is my first rv I am looking for some tips/tricks things to stay away from. Recommendations for must haves while we are out fitting it. Towing it should be fine 3/4 ton ram and a blue ox hitch. Might be over kill but oh well. Hopeing to take the first trip in a month or so.
Bkilian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! Congratulations on the new Jay Flight!

There's a boat load of great information on the JOF. For a starter, here's a thread with some basics to think about.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ayco-2359.html

Here's a PDI checklist, for when you go to pick it up at the dealer. Very important to do, and a video on your phone as you go along can be referred to later.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ted-36094.html

Look for "stickies" at the beginning of each forum subject. Those are permanent subjects that are helpful, and about frequently asked questions. You'll need some basic important items such as wheel chocks, fresh water hoses, sewer hoses and fittings, etc. There are posts with a more in depth list of what other members deem necessary, and more lists of things "nice to have" to make your trips more manageable and stress free. What we carry in out TT spans 5 legal pad pages, but that's just us.

We're glad you've joined us here on the friendliest Forum on the planet! Happy camping!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:53 PM   #3

We are on our 7th RV....our current RV is our third Jayco. Our 2016 Jayco 264BH was hands down the best unit we ever owned. We regret selling it but hoping our new 2021 267BHS is just as solid as our 264BH was. Nice choice!!
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:47 AM   #4

congrats on your travel trailer. a few things that I believe are a must have is a 30 amp extension cord. (im assuming its a 30 amp service.) I've ran into many situations where I've need like 5 feet more cord and this extension cord has been a life saver. another thing I would recommend is a surge protector that installs at the electrical box at your site. definantly look into air vent covers for the roof these will allow you to have your roof vents open while raining or traveling. maintain your black and grey tanks with the proper chemicals. also have a 15 foot stinky slinky extension for those times that your hooked up to full hookups and need the extra length. X chocks for trailer movement when setup are great especially if you have kids! enjoy!!
brewcrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #5

So I have a 20 foot stink hose and have heard multiple times to have an extension for it. So how long do you guys recommend that hose to be. I think the hose comes in 10 foot sections. Is 30 feet good to be on the safe side.
Bkilian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:09 PM   #6

well I carry a 20 or 25 foot I cannot remember exact. and then I have a 15 foot extension that is carried on board as well. I also carry a 45 degree clear angle attachment to verify flow.
brewcrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote