Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2024, 06:17 PM   #1

Well I Need To Ask, If It's OK

We just bought a 2024 Starcraft 189RG. I have been to the Starcraft Forum and it does not look like it has a lot of activity....

Can I post in here? I promise I'll be nice....

I would love to post pictures but I have not figured out how (Yet)

LeeB
Old 03-08-2024, 06:25 PM   #2

Sure, we even have owners with non Jayco Corp brands. Post away and
Attached Thumbnails
welcome2.gif  
Old 03-08-2024, 06:26 PM   #3

Thanks Grumpy. I will be nice to post questions and statements as time goes by.....

LeeB
Old 03-08-2024, 06:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Thanks Grumpy. I will be nice to post questions and statements as time goes by.....

LeeB
And just for some "History" Lloyd "Jay" Bontrager started out as an engineer working for Starcraft before he and Bertha started Jayco. That is one reason why the family bought the Starcraft name and assets when they filed for bankruptcy in the 90's.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:42 PM   #5

From another Starcraft owner…Welcome. We bought ours in 2017 and joined this forum shortly after. My trailer has Jayco part number stickers everywhere, doors, hatches…does your’s have the same. Ours has been trouble free since we brought it home. No warranty issues at all and has been a pleasure to own.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:58 AM   #6

I think it's fine that you're here. It may be a different brand, but its components might/could be the same as any/some Jayco models.

That looks like a nice camper. I like that floorpan...lots of COUNTER space. I wished I could have gone w/ something like this, but that bathroom...it scared me away. I camp with my daughter who has autism. She regularly needs assistance with showing, teeth brushing, hygiene and dressing. She is now 15 y/o and we aren't 'small' people, so the bathroom just wouldn't work for us.

Glad to see another new person here and to hear all about your experience of ownership as well as questions. I'm new, too. I spend a year doing my studies before purchase. This will be my maiden voyage season, where I'll be applying all my theory of the past year. I have pop-up owner/camping/towing experience, but nothing like what I have now; Jay Feather 22rb

Welcome.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 10:11 AM   #7

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
This is not our first Radio by any means. We have not taken our TT out yet. We are lucky to have a covered RV storage area on the side of our house, so we been packing and making it our own.
Quality of workmanship seems good, although we are disappointed with the components being OFF brand. Time will tell, but for now we are quite satisfied.
Praying that we find no leaks once we adventure out.

LeeB
Old 03-09-2024, 11:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Quality of workmanship seems good, although we are disappointed with the components being OFF brand.
LeeB
What do you mean by "off brand"?
Old 03-09-2024, 11:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
What do you mean by "off brand"?
Well for example the TV. It is a Connexx, yes there is a web site for it.. Refrigerator is an Ever Chill 12v, Thermostat is a Furrion. Stereo is a low low end JBL.
I do know that the builders need to make X amount of $$$$$ and it’s the way of the world.
One I see as Safety Issue is the China Bombs tires (Rainer) I have already bought a TireMonitor system I will install it ASAP. I would challange the Executives at Thor/Starcraft drive at highway speeds and not worry about a Blow-Out.
Yes I have Googled and done research 🧐 and found reviews both positive and negatives. For now I’ll deal with as time goes by
LeeB
Yes I knew what I was getting into. So at this point I’ll shut up 🤐
Old 03-09-2024, 11:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Well for example the TV. It is a Connexx, yes there is a web site for it.. Refrigerator is an Ever Chill 12v, Thermostat is a Furrion. Stereo is a low low end JBL.
I do know that the builders need to make X amount of $$$$$ and it’s the way of the world.
One I see as Safety Issue is the China Bombs tires (Rainer) I have already bought a TireMonitor system I will install it ASAP. I would challange the Executives at Thor/Starcraft drive at highway speeds and not worry about a Blow-Out.
Yes I have Googled and done research �� and found reviews both positive and negatives. For now I’ll deal with as time goes by
LeeB
Yes I knew what I was getting into. So at this point I’ll shut up ��
Some of those are also used in other brands all because of the buyouts and they come from Lippert. I think others have posted the fridge is also in their Jayco. There seems to be a move away from 120/lp and going residential or 12v. The TV is supposedly made strictly for rugged RV use. That was the only reason I ask, not to be critical.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Some of those are also used in other brands all because of the buyouts and they come from Lippert. I think others have posted the fridge is also in their Jayco. There seems to be a move away from 120/lp and going residential or 12v. That was the only reason I ask, not to be critical.
No problem. Personally I think I’m going to love the Fridge being 12v.
Time will tell on all of these it’s a learning curve that I look forward to :campfire along with everything else.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:54 PM   #12

Connex TV

Quote:
Some of those are also used in other brands all because of the buyouts and they come from Lippert. I think others have posted the fridge is also in their Jayco. There seems to be a move away from 120/lp and going residential or 12v. The TV is supposedly made strictly for rugged RV use. That was the only reason I ask, not to be critical.
I checked out this brand a few days back. Yes, it is supposed to be 'hefty' in its components and innards, to live through the rolling earthquake, which is your camper going down the road.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:04 PM   #13

Quote:
We just bought a 2024 Starcraft 189RG. I have been to the Starcraft Forum and it does not look like it has a lot of activity....

Can I post in here? I promise I'll be nice....

I would love to post pictures but I have not figured out how (Yet)

LeeB
I, too am a Starcraft owner. Starcraft is owned by Jayco and Jayco is owned by Thor. One big happy family! Welcome!