Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2024, 03:28 PM   #1

Another Sat. TV newbie

Recently purchased a 2018 Envoy. The TV's all work nicely over the air so I thought I'd add dish satellite for those remote areas. Doing some research my thought is I can feed the Sat. signal in via the unlabeled coax connection in the power cord area. I believe it should (?) go to the antenna booster.
This stuff is above the door in a small cabinet. Today I went exploring and found this rats nest.
So the Wally has RCA out puts. Can I feed that into that (splitter?) box with any success.? There seems to be those RCA (R,Y,W) cables going to each tv.
Attached Thumbnails
20240326_123912.jpg   20240326_122548.jpg   20240326_123959.jpg   20240326_122416.jpg   20240326_122427.jpg  

04Roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 04:39 PM   #2
CAG

You need a "home run" from the Sat to the TV receiver. Any splitter will cause the system to malfunction and the power booster is for OTA only. Not for Sat.

If you email Jayco they may be able to provide a coax diagram for Sat setup. They had it for mine.
So, in addition DISH, if that is what you are putting in, provides its own power from the receiver to the dish. Any splitter or any length of coax over the recommended length causes a voltage drop and the system will not work.

In the case of my Greyhawk the Sat input came in over the door in that cabinet. That direct line had to be reconfigured to run directly from the outside input to the TV and Dish Receiver. That included some coax switching so that the line was not in the splitter runs. Again, call or email Jayco and see if they have a schematic for that. They did for the Greyhawk.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:36 PM   #3

Hi to anyone interested. On our second day trip with our new to us Jayco Envoy. I had the opportunity to mess with the satellite system.
I was able to kinda sort out the previously pictured mess of wiring and created a coax " homerun" by using the cable TV hook up. Made this a direct connection to the Dish Wally. The first TV is fed via HDMI then I used the AV (RCA) cables to the booster/splitter and surprise the other 2 tvs now have Dish signal albeit whatever on the main TV.
Tomorrow I will attempt to put a better mount on the outside TV. I was blown away by my good fortune today
04Roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 06:05 PM   #4
CAG

Nice when you fiddle around with something and it just "works".

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote