Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #1

middle bunk fifth wheel

We are planning on selling our 2017 Jayflight 32BHDS soon and buying a fifth wheel. We have three boys, but one is away at college and probably won't be camping much with us anymore. We want to stick with a Jayco product and still need sleeping space for our two boys still at home. Hubby has to have an outdoor kitchen of some sort. We liked the 30.5MBOK, but it doesn't look like it has a pantry. We have to have food storage. We really like the idea of a middle bunk area. Any of you have models that fit this criteria and you would recommend? The pinnacle and north point are probably to $$$ for us, and we aren't opposed to used. Thanks you in advance for any help and information.

Tricia
tmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #2

355 or 377 would be two good choices
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclaren View Post
We are planning on selling our 2017 Jayflight 32BHDS soon and buying a fifth wheel. We have three boys, but one is away at college and probably won't be camping much with us anymore. We want to stick with a Jayco product and still need sleeping space for our two boys still at home. Hubby has to have an outdoor kitchen of some sort. We liked the 30.5MBOK, but it doesn't look like it has a pantry. We have to have food storage. We really like the idea of a middle bunk area. Any of you have models that fit this criteria and you would recommend? The pinnacle and north point are probably to $$$ for us, and we aren't opposed to used. Thanks you in advance for any help and information.

Tricia
I have the Eagle 355MBQS, it has an outdoor kitchen, a pantry and the mid bunk.

The outdoor kitchen has a grill that is more likely to burn down your camper than cook anything (many posts on here about this), I pulled it out and made it into a drawer (many posts on here about that too). I carry a Weber Q grill in the basement that I converted to run off the camper propane with a quick disconnect hose. There is a refrigerator in the outdoor kitchen if you are somewhere with hook ups.

The mid bunk has a love seat that turns into a twin bed and there is a fold down bunk above it but I removed the fold down bunk in ours because it is only about five feet long and that is too short for my kids. There is also a sleep loft above the mid bunk room that is pretty big and the living room sofa pulls out into a queen size bed.

I use the mid bunk as an office and love the layout. There are two kinds of mid bunk layouts, one has a door from the kitchen into the mid bunk and the other has the door off the hallway. I think the door from the kitchen takes away way too much kitchen space, the door off the hallway is much better in my opinion.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:59 AM   #4

The eagle ht 29.5 bhds has a rear bunk room, outside kitchen, and a pantry area behind the swing out tv. We love this floor plan. Works great for my family of four.