Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #41

I tweeted my issue to Jayco and had an answer within 24 hours
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #42

Well goody...I get to face the same crap

I bought my new 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 287BHS camper in March this year. Took it to the campground in April. During my 2nd overnight trip the water heater quit last weekend. Now I am in the middle of a circle jerk that includes this demand for $150 service call not covered by warranty, non refundable. I am not paying this. The RV center with the Mobile Tech is 4 miles from my campground. I need to call the Warranty Dept back. I will keep the thread posted.

There is a boatload of testimonials about the Jayco water heaters going bad after just a couple of outings. Man, I hate being in that club!

Added: Okay, Now I wait on a call from the Supervisor at Jayco tomorrow about this warranty claim. I told the young lass on the phone at Jayco who is reading to me the canned answer from a script that I am not signing up to pay a service fee of $150. Jayco is just going to have to make this right. I have camped less than 24 hours in this camper and already the water heater is broken?
DDUBYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #43

amazing I read some of the responses and said this sounds like Albany RV service department , and guess what it is ...
Lee Moll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #44

Me2
Camper TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #45

I know your pain

On Monday, I brought my 2018 jayco in for warranty work. My fridge will not work and the unit is just over a year old. The jayco dealer I brought it to was not the dealer I purchased it from. I made the appt over a month ago. When I arrived Monday I was told because I did not purchase my unit from that dealer I had to pay for whatever work was to be done and I would then have to get reimbursed from Jayco myself! I contacted Jayco and was told that is nonsense and they do not reimburse individuals. I contacted the dealership where I purchased from and they have looked after me and got me in to another shop. I would have gone to my dealer but that would involve a drive of over 350 miles.
ux4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #46

It’s really makes me sick to hear about issues like this at a service center whether it’s an RV or a car! First of all very few places do the right repair work, and secondly they look to rob you every which way they can. I’m not cheap I’m an educated, experienced consumer I do not mind paying the right price for the right job. Having been in the automobile service industry in my younger years for quite a long time I have a pretty good knowledge of everything mechanical. Most of the time I try to be upfront and tell them in the humblest way possible that I am a former mechanic and insults me they still try to give me the razzmatazz! . I’m with you glad Jayco was able to work this out! On the flipside I think people on this site we should also post shops that do the right thing for the right price as well as the bad ones. It would be most helpful to everyone.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA385 View Post
Yes thanks. They are going to be the dealer I go to next. I don't have any experience with them but my brother and nephew both bought TT's from them and so far its been a good experience for them. I actually talked to them and because I didn't buy from them (I wish I had) they were reluctant to do warranty work on my coach. But now that my 2 year Jayco warranty is about to expire hopefully they will take me in if needed. Did you buy from them? Good experience? Thanks again.
I did buy from them. The salesperson was very honest and reasonable, although I could have easily beaten the price by $1k if I wanted to travel across the state. They do not charge hidden fees for PDI or delivery. Everything is baked into the price which can lead one to conclude they're not price competitive.

If you want to drop me a PM, I can give you a contact info for one of the owners. No guarantees if they'll step-in for warranty work, one never knows. As I said, the service department is a bit disorganized but they are dependable.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA385 View Post
Yes going to be looking for a different dealer for future service
Just a suggestion, skip all (S)tealers and find a smaller independent shop locally to do the work, most will take your warranty, they even prefer after market extended warranty as they are easier to work with. After two dealers screwed me I went with a small local shop and so glad I did, faster turn around, in most cases 1 day as they don't 'hold' onto your rig waiting for parts, much friendlier as they want your business and will work to keep it. The shop will be glad to give you references and you can also check Yelp.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #49

In my opinion, you were correct in telling them that you would not pay considering the circumstances you outlined. Don't give in.
1Cruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:26 PM   #50

Amen! exactly my earlier post!
Michael Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #51
GJB

Doesn't surprise me it is Albany RV. I bought mine from Orlando RV, same company, and they lied to me for over 3 months about not getting OK from Jayco for repair. after finally talking to Jayco customer service I learned they had never submitted request or parts list for warranty repair.
I would not recommend doing business with this company for any reason.
Only way to deal with dishonest dealers is talk to Jayco directly.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #52

Ha, I should have known it was Albany RV. They have the worst service department in the country.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #53

Cannot be worse than Manteca Trailer in CA. Absolutely cannot be!
Michael Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
I did buy from them. The salesperson was very honest and reasonable, although I could have easily beaten the price by $1k if I wanted to travel across the state. They do not charge hidden fees for PDI or delivery. Everything is baked into the price which can lead one to conclude they're not price competitive.

If you want to drop me a PM, I can give you a contact info for one of the owners. No guarantees if they'll step-in for warranty work, one never knows. As I said, the service department is a bit disorganized but they are dependable.
our dealer is not a stealer. It is not part of a chain and is family owned and has been for 50 years. They told us up front( before we signed a thing that they serviced their own customers first and they could not beat the big volume dealers price.
We decided to go with them. We have had several small two hour repairs and the last one was a covered hitch frame issue.. We are waiting for some parts but they do call us to keep us updated.

( we had an accident when the TT plowed into a three foot deep pothole and bent the hitch so it was not a warranty issue) when it slid on a sheet of ice in our driveway ( how embarrassing)

Kudos to Call of the Wild RV in Oxford Maine.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #55

Jayco dealers don’t provide warranty support or decisions- they have to contact Jayco for pre approval: the factory then contacts the parts supplier. In working the warranty repair on our six month Jayco, I had to make multiple calls to the factory and constantly get in front of the dealers service manager. Sadly Thor owns most of the RV manufacturers and only looks at profit.
ducati3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:19 PM   #56
75H

I will never, NEVER NEVER again take our MH back to the dealer we purchased from. Wish I'd read reviews first. Makes me wonder if the State Bureau of Automotive Repair is still in existance.

So, I pay for due bill blems and other things that will never get addressed. I've also paid to have warranty work 'undone'. Such a waste of time.

Can't wait for the Jayco warranty to expire so we can use the non-dealer extended warranty if something breaks. Two years, really? Can't you make it a year instead? Sad it has to be that way.

On the flip side, the experience forced me to learn what shops in my area know what they're doing and how to fix things myself. Just a lot of frustration along the way.

Good luck.

2018 29MVP
75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:39 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
I understand.

Mine was 2 weeks old and residential refrigerator stopped working. Had to wait 3 weeks before I could take it to them.

Then it sat there for 1 month and they did NOTHING to it.

I called them and told them I was coming to get it.

They SUK!!
I purchased my last 2 TT's from Albany RV, I believe I got a pretty good deal on both, but for warranty work or service issues I decided to use a Len-Rich mobile RV service and avoid the hassle at the stealership. Unfortunately for me Len-Rich has retired so I will need to find someone else for service issues because I will NEVER go there for service.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #58

Hey, good luck in talking to Jayco. Every since Thor bought them they could care less about the customer and customer service. To many people just accept bad service and poor quality as part of owning an RV. I don't so sold mine and will more than likely never have to deal with those jerks in the industry again. I have had four RV's, two of which were Jayco. The first one was perfect...the last three the service and quality were awful. The last one, a Jayco Precept 2017 was in the shop more than at home. Wouldnt buy a tricycle made by Thor.
grandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandjim View Post
Hey, good luck in talking to Jayco. Every since Thor bought them they could care less about the customer and customer service. To many people just accept bad service and poor quality as part of owning an RV. I don't so sold mine and will more than likely never have to deal with those jerks in the industry again. I have had four RV's, two of which were Jayco. The first one was perfect...the last three the service and quality were awful. The last one, a Jayco Precept 2017 was in the shop more than at home. Wouldnt buy a tricycle made by Thor.
Good luck on your next purchase. Thor seems to have the majority of the RV market.. I have a nice tent...
Frictional Resistance

I agree monopolies are bad news for the customer.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:32 AM   #60

It's either Thor, or Forest River. Pick your poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Good luck on your next purchase. Thor seems to have the majority of the RV market.. I have a nice tent...
Frictional Resistance

I agree monopolies are bad news for the customer.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote