Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #1

WarrantyRepair Requirement

We have a 2015 Precept. The inside panels on the dinette valence which frames the tv is upholstered with vinyl. It was applied sloppily at the factory. There are a lot of staples and wrinkles in the fabric. I took it to the dealer 5 weeks ago thinking they would simply and quickly replace the vinyl. Boy was I wrong. They have ordered an entire new valence which has been on back order for 5 weeks and I was just told it will take "weeks more" until delivery. I asked them why they don't just replace the vinyl. They told me when they do warranty work of any kind they have to replace it with an entire new part so it can be Under warranty. While I appreciate their desire to make it right it seems silly to me that they don't just replace the vinyl since that is where the problem lies. Anyone have thoughts or similar experiences?
Old 10-03-2015, 06:59 AM   #2

We had the same experience with our dealer. On ours it was the engine compartment hood latch opening. It appeared that while cutting the hole for one of the catch assemblies, a long scratch was made that was not covered by the catch plate. Instead of just repairing the scratched area, they replaced the whole hood. Had to wait two months for that to come in. Go figure!!!!!

Steve

Steve & Sharon
2015 Precept 31UL
Tow - 2010 Honda CR-V
gmapatime is offline   Reply With Quote