Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #1
Radio/Entertainment System Would Not Work

Recently had the entire Jensen entertainment system go out in our 2015 Greyhawk. We turned it on to remove a dvd and quickly turned it off then nothing would work. Cameras, radio, navigation, etc. Called dealership service tech who told me to check fuses in converter under the bed. All fuses were good. He told me if fuses were good there to check fuses in driver compartment under dash. He said if that wasn't the problem it's probably the inline fuse behind the radio which meant the radio would have to be pulled to check it. Well, the fuses in driver compartment were good.

As a last ditch effort I searched the forum and found that someone with a Seneca (sorry but I can't remember who and could not relocate the post) had to do similar troubleshooting and spoke of a 5amp and 7.5amp fuse at the coach battery ground relay located behind the battery in the slide tray compartment. I located those and pulled and checked them. They were both good, BUT when I putted the fuses back in place everything worked again! Turns out that the unit was somehow froze and had to be rebooted. Didn't have to pull the radio!

Just so you all know, there are fuses behind the coach battery.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS
Roadmaster 2000-1 Tow Dolly
JulieMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
Radio. Stairs. Lord knows what else. Seems like there is a lot behind the battery. Definitely have to go over that on my orientation on Saturday.

Jopopsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:51 PM   #3
Fuses behind the battery pretty much control things that do not go thru the battery disconnect. Radio/navi being one of those.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:53 AM   #4
Our radio went full retard after a drained house battery situation and we had to use the system reset button just below the volume dial.
Carl & Dawn
2015 Greyhawk 31FS
2015 Ford Transit Connect (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote