Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #1
Capture Plate/Super Glide Hitch

I would like to use a super glide hitch (pullrite) on a Jayco HT fifthwheel. I have a choice to use a "quick connect" type king pin trailer plate or go with the "Universal type". Has anyone used either system and what are pros and cons.

ddiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
The newer type universal capture plate (with shims) wouldn't work for me. I bought my hitch used and the previous owner passed a universal capture plate to me. Unfortunately, it was too short front to back, so I had to purchase the one specifically for my pin box.

If you're going to buy one and planning on keeping the hitch for a while, but possibly trading the trailer, try out the universal. It works the same, but is adjustable if you buy a new trailer. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with the one specifically meant for your trailer. Both work the same. The universal capture plate takes a bit to adjust, but once it's adjusted, it's good for forever.

justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
The Pull rite website has a chart showing specifically which capture plate for particular king pins. If your king pin accepts both a quick connect and universal, then I would go quick connect. Easier install is probably the big plus. Keep in mind that some king pins, such as the Mooryde, only accept a specific capture plate.
2013 Ram Longhorn 3500 Crew Cab 6.7 Turbo Diesel, Aisin Transmission.
2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 351 RSTS, Mor/Ryde Suspension and Pin Box, 17.5" wheel upgrade, 18k Pull Rite hitch.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:04 AM   #4
Check out the Demco Hijacker Autoslide. No capture plate needed for a standard pin box.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco Hijacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, Loaded
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote