Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2021, 04:31 PM   #21

I cannot get the BMPro firmware to update on my iPhone. It keeps saying there is a firmware update and every time I select to update, it says there was an error or it just does nothing. I’ve tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it several times and nothing. I also found that my auto level won’t work either with the Lippert pad. Called Lippert and they are saying the issue is with the BMPro which I believe. Tried calling BMPro and no answer. I can operate my front landing gear with the Lippert pad but no auto level so my rear jacks won’t come down.

Any hints as to what I can do? It seems I’ve read I need a Google Play account to do the update? Does my phone need to be in range of the trailer for the update to work or is the update only on my phones app?
Loomis077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
In my opinion it’s handy only if boondocking. It would be much more useful if it disabled the auto start if there was AC power present. I would like to have the AGS as a backup should the park lose power while I am away, keeping the AC running for my pets.
I believe that’s is what would happen. Follow along with my thinking and let me know if I am incorrect somewhere.
Let’s say it is set to start when the battery voltage drops to 11.6V or the thermostat calls for the AC to come on.
The transfer switch defaults to the generator if it is connected to shore power and the generator is running at the same time.
If I have the AGS set to shut the generator down say after 2 hours of run time, it will shut down at that point.
If I am on shore power which for whatever reason turns off, then at some point the battery or AC condition will be met and the generator will start and run for two hours.
If the shore power is back on at the end of two hours, then the transfer switch will switch to shore power and the battery will stay charged and the AC will start when triggered and the generator will stay off.
If the shore power is still off, then this cycle will repeat.

Thoughts?
Old 10-07-2021, 07:24 PM   #23

There is a video on the BMPro website that will walk you through the update. It is done on the main control pad in you RV, not on your iPhone. You will need a Google account to do this.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Curious as to what tpms issue you're having. If it's the individual tpms sensors not staying connected there is a fix which includes installing a node and antenna. My dealer did the fix 2 weeks ago and it seems to be working fine now.
Our 335T Talon goes in for a bedroom slide crack repair this weekend and the TPMS is also on our list of issues. Was your node/antenna upgrade covered under warranty? From day 1 we have had issues with the sensors pairing. Thanks

2019 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins
2021 Jayco Talon 335T
HecBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:18 AM   #25

Your phone is not required to use, or update, BMPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomis077 View Post
I cannot get the BMPro firmware to update
The BMPro wall panel is actually a google Android tablet on my rig. Notice at the bottom of the screen is a triangle, circle and square. press the circle to open the desktop. Drag your finger up from the bottom to show what's installed on the tablet and select 'Settings' then in Network, sign the tablet into WIFI. Next open google's PlayStore (you'll need to create a google login if you don't have one). Finally search for BMPro in the PlayStore and when you open it, you'll have option to Update.
There are a few other things you may want to update, or install, if this is your first time to the PlayStore. I installed 'Assistant' so I can have conversations with my rig. I also installed 'RV Life' so I can see where we are going, I changed the background to 'Jayco' too. It's a pretty nice tablet. The recorder is neat too.... leave voice message for others instead of written. 'Keep Screen On' is a very nice app.
Bottom line, your phone is not required to use, or update, JaycoCommand or the BMPro app if your rig is like mine.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
The BMPro wall panel is actually a google Android tablet on my rig. Notice at the bottom of the screen is a triangle, circle and square. press the circle to open the desktop. Drag your finger up from the bottom to show what's installed on the tablet and select 'Settings' then in Network, sign the tablet into WIFI. Next open google's PlayStore (you'll need to create a google login if you don't have one). Finally search for BMPro in the PlayStore and when you open it, you'll have option to Update.
There are a few other things you may want to update, or install, if this is your first time to the PlayStore. I installed 'Assistant' so I can have conversations with my rig. I also installed 'RV Life' so I can see where we are going, I changed the background to 'Jayco' too. It's a pretty nice tablet. The recorder is neat too.... leave voice message for others instead of written. 'Keep Screen On' is a very nice app.
Bottom line, your phone is not required to use, or update, JaycoCommand or the BMPro app if your rig is like mine.
X2 what he said. It can get confusing. As Stan&Sharon said, the update you need is through the wall tablet in the unit. It's easy and one the App is updated, it should automatically launch into the Firmware update.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:58 AM   #27

BMPRO TPMS not staying paired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecBec View Post
Our 335T Talon goes in for a bedroom slide crack repair this weekend and the TPMS is also on our list of issues. Was your node/antenna upgrade covered under warranty? From day 1 we have had issues with the sensors pairing. Thanks

Yes, the TPMS hardware node / antenna fix is a warranty item and is covered. I was in contact with BMPRO with the TPMS failing to stay paired issue, originally they said "that's an odd issue you're having". After reading about others having the same problem I kept on them. When they finally did have the hardware fix available they admitted there is a fix and processed the claim which I forwarded to my dealer. Mine work fine now.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:47 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Yes, the TPMS hardware node / antenna fix is a warranty item and is covered. I was in contact with BMPRO with the TPMS failing to stay paired issue, originally they said "that's an odd issue you're having". After reading about others having the same problem I kept on them. When they finally did have the hardware fix available they admitted there is a fix and processed the claim which I forwarded to my dealer. Mine work fine now.
Thank you for the response/info. I will be discussing this with the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they are already familiar with the fix and/or will chase it with BMPro. If not, I will. They will have our TH for ~3 weeks to repair the side wall crack so I would think time to do this upgrade. Depending on parts availability. Again, thanks.

2019 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins
2021 Jayco Talon 335T
HecBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:12 AM   #29

My BMpro update won't update it says firmware update unsuccessfull try again ........ and again and again. I went to setting to find google play... nothing is there then my screen freezes. I have to shut my phone off and turn it back on again and the same thing happens help
Meister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 04:47 AM   #30

Presuming you have WIFI near your rig you can do the update on the wall panel (tablet). BMPro is an app on the tablet. Settings is an app that allows you to connect your tablet to WIFI (among other things). Google PlayStore is an app on the tablet (you wont find it in Settings).

1. Using Settings app, log your tablet into a WIFI connection.
Exit Settings (press the circle at the bottom of the screen)
2. Launch PlayStore app (Icon looks like a sideways triangle),
3. Once you are in PlayStore you can search for BMPro app and when you find it, you should see 'Update' button.

Let me know your progress. I can attach photos for each step if you let me know where you get stuck.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:40 AM   #31

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireguyEd View Post
FYI - it looks like there was another BMPro update yesterday (9/29/21).
Do you know what this update contains?
Old 11-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #32

Sorry, I don't know what it updates.
FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:45 AM   #33

WHAT'S NEW
* Support for new RV models
* Support additional motors, Bluetooth extender
* Option to hide Bluetooth tire pressure and temperature sensors
* Firmware update
* Other minor enhancements
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #34

JayCommand Update 3.1.0

Recent update to 3.1.0
Visit Google Playstore to get the update. After this update I suggest you reboot the wall panel. For me was simply pressing the bottom button to display OFF then wait a bit, then press the #1 power (turn on all lights) seems to have started it up again. Takes awhile for the reboot.
Changes? There's a list of stuff shown on the Playstore page... new models now supported, bug fixes and such. I see a couple things, my black tank now shows 2/3 instead of FULL and the circle around my airconditioner is harder to see. After I updated my remote wall switches didn't work until I rebooted the tablet.
Old 12-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #35
cnk

Thanks for the update - we asked about the AC fan the day after we bought our Eagle HT - one year ago today.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:04 PM   #36

Quote:
I cannot get the BMPro firmware to update on my iPhone. It keeps saying there is a firmware update and every time I select to update, it says there was an error or it just does nothing. I’ve tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it several times and nothing. I also found that my auto level won’t work either with the Lippert pad. Called Lippert and they are saying the issue is with the BMPro which I believe. Tried calling BMPro and no answer. I can operate my front landing gear with the Lippert pad but no auto level so my rear jacks won’t come down.

Any hints as to what I can do? It seems I’ve read I need a Google Play account to do the update? Does my phone need to be in range of the trailer for the update to work or is the update only on my phones app?
I'm not sure if you have the smaller display or the tablet. I have the smaller display and was having the the same problem.
I found the solution was to disconnect shore power, and disconnect the battery. Wait 5 minutes or so, (i cleaned battery terminals while waiting). As soon as i powered everything back up, the firmware instantly started loading.
Hope thiis helps.

Rick
pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:22 PM   #37

Quote:

I had the same thing happen to me. I was getting ready to leave town and was stuck in the update fail. I called BMPro and got luckyng and was able to talk to someone about the problem.
He said to disconnect the battery and shore power to cycle power to the unit.
Once I did that it worked. (the Update) This happen to me in Nov 21.
This past weekend it happen again. The system does not give you the option NOT to do the update and then gets stuck in the cycle.
This time it happen to me when I arrived to the RV park and could not put my landing gear down. I had to disconnect the battery again and retry the update.
So frustrating and very poor design.
This setup has no option for manual override and you have to use the app for landing gear.
Big Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:48 AM   #38

Suggestion:
a. make sure the tablet is connected to the internet.
b. go to 'settings', apps, find JayCommand, then delete cache
c. open google playstore and search for JayCommand app and select 'Update'
if Update is not an option, return to JayCommand in settings and uninstall (or uninstall from list of your apps)... return to google playstore JayCommand and Install it again.

Summary, clearing the cache removes previous partial upgrades (when it failed... likely from poor wifi). Re-installing is quickest however, I listed it as the 2nd option because the bad cache was likely why the update failed.

While you're in the google playstore, check your tablet's other installed apps... there may be others that need updating. I installed RVLife (for camping info), Google Assistant (so I can talk to the camper), 1Weather, and Google Maps. Now your tablet can do a lot more than before.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:04 AM   #39

My Pinnacle sits just a little out of range of our home wifi. It's been a while but I tried to use my phone hot spot to see about the updates but didn't have any success. I guess it would be advantageous to get some sort of extender for the home wifi so I could do the updates. I have the Winegard Gateway. I hope this isn't a stupid question but is the control tablet tied to it or is it capable of picking up whatever signal is available?
F350guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #40

It is not tied to the Winegard, so any wifi will work fine (2.4Ghz - 802.11b)