Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2021, 06:38 AM   #21

Seems there are lots of stickers that get put on rigs at the factory these days....

The newest one needs to be:

"Some Re-Assembly Required"
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:05 AM   #22

Well my deal on my Jayco fell apart at my local dealer level, so it looks like I'm getting a Winnebago. I'm interested to see how it compares to the many Jayco units I've had.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneca323 View Post
I have a 2020 37l. Right out of the gate there has been not stop issues. Some bigger then others. I try to fix myself what I can. I feel thow that jayco needs to pay to fix these units so it does affect there bottom line. So they make them properly right out of the factory. I am having to get the dealer to fix the same issue a few times so not sure if they charge jayco twice for the repairs. They do get instructions from jayco how they want them fixed. To me if the way they say doesn't fix it then should have to pay again. This industry need to be regulated better. And should be forced to give longer warranties. To make them stand by there products. Also rv techs need way better training. My 2 cents anyways.
I'm sure "regulation" will make them do the "right thing" ... or not...

For the manufacturer there are two competing outcomes.. sell as high as you can, keep your costs down.

the best regulation is buying or not buying the based on cost or quality...

For the buyer there are two competing outcomes.. low cost and want high quality...

and we know that cost and quality don't go hand in hand anymore... but in general that is the case...

you have either time or money but generally you only have one or the other...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
I read that there is a Company close to most of the RV factories that is going to start doing Quality Control inspections on RV’s for the factories. And then doing repairs before units are delivered to the Dealers, the Manufacturers said this would be cheaper than having Dealers do the repairs. This Company will be Authorized to do Warranty work also. If this happens we will get better units delivered to our local dealers.
so add another layer? why are the dealers not doing this??? isn't that the responsibility of a good dealer? what do they do if they don't do that? offer up a parking spot to sell a camper and collect some money from you??? I don't get it the dealer sure seems like allot of overhead...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:53 AM   #25

The reason most trailers have many quality issues is because manufacturers can get away with selling trailers with many quality issues.

So to answer the OP's question: it's normal; it's not right.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:49 AM   #26

It's taken a while but it looks like Jayco Corp is now down to Thor Industries standards.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:51 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
It's taken a while but it looks like Jayco Corp is now down to Thor Industries standards.
how long for Entegra and Tiffin?
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #28
RPR

State of Indiana is not going to pass any laws to make the manufacturers in their state to improve quality or protect the buyer. Might hurt their money tree.
Attached Thumbnails
D5D5090C-0483-47FD-B6B2-0BD33CCD474B.jpg  
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:22 AM   #29

The issues with my Redhawk that I resolved could’ve easily been resolved at the factory or dealership if they spent just a little more time, a day or less. Or no additional time at all if they just properly trained their employees and implemented an actual quality control department, which I am sure they do not have one right now. I would’ve been happier spending another $5k or more if my RV was perfect or close to it, but Jayco trying to cut corners and increase profits by pumping out garbage and making the customer deal with it is only going to piss off customers and make them go elsewhere. I am sure I’m not the only Jayco customer that will look at other brands before considering Jayco again. My Jayco will be perfect after I properly fix everything and when I sell it, I can assure any potential buyers that any Jayco problems were resolved since I am documenting everything. I plan to share all of this with management at Jayco. Hopefully they will care but I have a feeling they will not.
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:43 PM   #30

I just removed the panels from the top bunk and thought you all would like to see how they construct a 300lb rated bunk... staples!!! Not only do they use staples, but they place them inline with the load direction. Jayco apparently doesn’t use engineers or common sense to design the construction of their units.
Attached Thumbnails
82D28F97-792E-42D6-8307-F4A990096C0E.jpg   98D4CE7F-BB1B-4F46-BECA-61FFCC6025D6.jpg   73B624E9-3337-40A4-A1B1-35097F30DBE8.jpg  
Old 06-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
As someone stated, going in you have to keep reminding yourself they are put together with glue and staples.
To me, as long as the staples hit their mark, they're fine. (Ever try to pull a pneumatically-driven staple (construction, not the Arrow-type) out of wood? I've tried, many times -- with little success.) If the worker misses the mark, it doesn't matter what the fastener is.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:08 PM   #32

It would’ve been better to install them perpendicular to the load, or use screws. I cannot agree that it was done properly when it is completely failing under a third of its rated weight.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:22 AM   #33

I believe the 2016 model year was the apex of Jayco build quality.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
I took my Seneca in 3 times for issues with the schwintek slide. Each time they followed exactly what Jayco told them. Time goes by, I am out of warranty and it breaks again. This time I tell the dealer I am paying for it out of pocket and they find the cause (track mounted on an angle) and fix it. Cost me over $500.
Maybe that is the new MO.... push back until out of warranty and make the customer pay for it.
Thats exactly what they do, even bought an extended warranty from a third party and still had to pay for repairs myself. Am in process of law suit with dealer, Jayco and warranty company.
JetskiRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:13 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetskiRon View Post
Thats exactly what they do, even bought an extended warranty from a third party and still had to pay for repairs myself. Am in process of law suit with dealer, Jayco and warranty company.
Good for you. More people need to go after these crooks. There should be a class action lawsuit against Jayco and others I’m sure. They knowingly produce lemons and there are laws against this.

I see that you’re in Olympia. Which dealer do you use for warranty work?
Old 06-30-2021, 12:36 PM   #36

Angry

We bought our 2017 Jayco NP from Valley RV in Kent, took it there for what I thought was warranty work only to find out we had to pay for the repairs even after I was told everything was covered but one item. we ended up paying $2,700 for all the repairs! NEVER BUY FROM VALLEY RV!!!!!! And Breland in Service is a Lier!! They're Def Crooks! Also just finished a 31 day trip to 9 dif states, and now my Rear wall has movement side to side. Called them, sent them vid and was told that I hit something and knocked the bolts loose or sheered the bolts.... BS!!!!! I know I didn't hit anything! my wife watches as we pull out of each spot just to make sure..... Now i have to have someone come out and look at it to tell me what the problem is and then either have them fix it at $6-$700 or fix it myself!
Old 06-30-2021, 12:56 PM   #37

I bought my 2020 Redhawk from Valley RV in Kent last year. I haven’t used them for warranty work only because they’re about 2 hours from me, but based on what they told me they did prior to me picking it up, and seeing that they didn’t do any of those things, I wouldn’t use them again. Plus they said it’ll be washed as well as fuel and propane topped off. Well the propane was about full, but it was not washed and they sent me down the road with the fuel gauge below E. I did complain about that and they did send me a check for $100 which almost filled it up since it was before a new administration jacked up gas prices again. I really do think that consumers of these RVs need to take a stand. Otherwise it’s only gonna get worse. I have documented everything I’ve head to fix. Everything was due to poor craftsmanship, not wear and tear from use. I know I expect a hell of a lot better for what I paid.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by J05H View Post
I bought my 2020 Redhawk from Valley RV in Kent last year. I haven’t used them for warranty work only because they’re about 2 hours from me, but based on what they told me they did prior to me picking it up, and seeing that they didn’t do any of those things, I wouldn’t use them again. Plus they said it’ll be washed as well as fuel and propane topped off. Well the propane was about full, but it was not washed and they sent me down the road with the fuel gauge below E. I did complain about that and they did send me a check for $100 which almost filled it up since it was before a new administration jacked up gas prices again. I really do think that consumers of these RVs need to take a stand. Otherwise it’s only gonna get worse. I have documented everything I’ve head to fix. Everything was due to poor craftsmanship, not wear and tear from use. I know I expect a hell of a lot better for what I paid.

Ya My brother just bought a Montana 5th wheel 2021 Deluxe Luxury, and he took it out 2 weeks ago and landing jacks wouldn't lift it and Micro was not secured in cab, and his front AC didn't work! so it isn't just Jayco its all of them, oh and his bed slide out didn't extend all the way, it was short by almost 2 inches!... he was not happy!!! well hope your rig fairs better. Safe travels, also see your in Lewis county some how need to exchange #'s and see if we can help each other with any other issues.

Tags
qual, quality control, quality issues