Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1

2013 314bds

We had a snow storm last week and my slides were left out, I was a little concerned about the snow that was sitting on my slides so I decided to climb up and shovel the snow off there was almost a foot and a half on the slide. I was in the camper yesterday and the top crown molding around the big slide looks like it has been wet and swollen out a little causing the bottom side of the molding to crack. I will be able to cover this up with some wood filler for the time being but I am hoping to get it covered under warranty. Now my concern is what is going to happen in the rain? I have heard you should put slides in when not in use and also not to worry about it. Only have had the camper home for almost a month and haven't even been camping with it yet. Anyone else have this problem. I will post a pic later on.
Ford08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #2

Wow that is not cool to hear. I also have a new Eagle 314BDS and I will have to watch it in the rain. I always see the slides out on the campers, at the two loacl dealer near my house. They are not jayco dealers. I to now will have to watch when it rains. I have been considering slide toppers this might convince me to put them on. The snow must have melted and that rubber flap on top may not have been sitting right. Well good luck let us know how you make out.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Sounds like the snow and melting found a path in, slides really aren't designed for holding that much snow and melting water. Sorry to hear about this. I'm especially surprised as the slide has a wedge that is directly behind the fascia to slope water away. We're you level or was the camper tilted?
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #4

2013 314bds

No our camper is level here is a picture if what it looks like (the picture makes it look worse than it is).Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367893203.539322.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	7774
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367893225.860154.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	7775
Old 05-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #5

Was camping in October 2 years ago and got hit with 18" of snow. I have slide out awnings on my TT. As the snow built up I retracted the slides to dump the snow off. It snowed through the night so in the morning I was on a ladder helping the awnings roll up as my son was in the TT retracting the slide outs. Being this is our first TT with slides I am a little paranoid about water leaks. We have camped in horrible downpours and I have not had any leaking issues.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Ford, did you figure out how the water got in? Just curious as I have similar floorplan and same slide.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #7

2013 314bds

Yes I did, called my dealer (four seasons in Virden,mb) they were out to my place the next day!! They said that the top seal or gasket needed adjustment as there was a gap that the moisture got under. He said leaving the slide out should not have caused that as they leave alot of theirs out all year round on there lot. They ordered a new top molding and will come back to install it when they receive it. Top notch service from those guys!!!!