Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #21

I wonder how many of us on here bought this model?
Dave
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #22

I did, and love it!
C Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:33 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Ours is a week old .... got to use it once. Yesterday (Sunday), once again weather was nice here in SW Ontario, so i decided to wash the cars, and noticed how well the water was beading off them. (Light went on inside), heck, i should wax the trailer while i have a good day for it. So i gave her a good Paint Sealant job, making sure i went over the decals a few times. Than, the wife got home, and as she did her thing on the inside with cupboards etc, i removed anything on the outside i could..... spare tire, battery, propane tanks and regulator, put the 7plug harness into the empty battery box, capped the propane line, covered the tires .... now, trying to decide if i want to buy a cover for it. I hate winter.
As for how many have purchased this particular model, my wife thinks this floor plan is just the berries, she absolutely loves it. Lots of room without a slide, lots n lots of storage space, and still fits nicely in driveway, and not a real burden to tow!
jaycojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #24

We like it a lot so far for those reasons, also when I look underneath, it looks like a part of some bridge structure.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #25

we have had ours since July. this is our first TT. but we really like it.
the rear dining with the 3 windows was what put my DW on board with this one.

so far so good no major issues.

Troutcamper.
troutcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #26

Ours is officially winterized..... put a cover on it tonite in the driveway, so i'd say she is stored away.
jaycojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:42 PM   #27

Well kind of sad...but spring will come.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #28

We did another mod....replaced the dinette and table with a countertop. We use folding dining chairs purchase at Target. Totla cost...about $400. We placed one wall cabinet at each end of the counter top for strength. Since out kids are gorwn and gone...and no grand kids expected, it is just the DW and me. Now, we can sit and look out the side, rear window as we eat. The TV sets in the rear corner of the counter top. Plenty of room for eating and appliances (coffee pot, Nuwave, etc). Now for the weather to cooperate so we can get out and camp. Had to winterize it again last week before this cold snap hit.
firerescue712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerescue712 View Post
We did another mod....replaced the dinette and table with a countertop. We use folding dining chairs purchase at Target. Totla cost...about $400. We placed one wall cabinet at each end of the counter top for strength. Since out kids are gorwn and gone...and no grand kids expected, it is just the DW and me. Now, we can sit and look out the side, rear window as we eat. The TV sets in the rear corner of the counter top. Plenty of room for eating and appliances (coffee pot, Nuwave, etc). Now for the weather to cooperate so we can get out and camp. Had to winterize it again last week before this cold snap hit.
Would love to see a picture of this -- sounds like this mod would open up that space a bit, next to the sofa. Thanks
Go West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #30

Dinette mod

Here are the pics of the dinette removal and bar installation. It does open a lot of floor space.
Attached Thumbnails
RV Dinette tranformation 2.jpg   RV Dinette tranformation 1.jpg  
Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 AM   #31

Nice mod, Firerescue -- a really creative use of that space.

I keep coming back to this floorplan as I consider my new trailer purchase. There are so few no-slide models remaining on the market. The 212qbw / 21QB is appealing for many reasons; interesting thread to read of all your experiences.
Go West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #32

The DW and I only camped 3 weekends last fall. We went about a month ago when the weather warmed. Then it got cold again. Now, the rains are here. Not sure when we will get back out. WE LOVE the trailer! The only issue I have is when I cannot sleep or wake up early. It is all but impossible to do anything without making noise or lighting up the bedroom. I have contemplated changing over to a 50-amp service to allow more options on cooking appliance and heating (both air and water). So far, it is just a thought. I figured it would cost about a thousand to do it right. Kinda pricey, but might happen if we get the urge. I hate how all the receptacles are tied into on circuit. A blow dryer and a crock pot would trip the breaker every time. Even running an electric space heater requires watching what else is in use. I am a solar hobbyist at home, so I love to tinker with electrical setups and such.

I hope you have many memorable and fun trips in your 212.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #33

Have any of you 212 owners checked your tongue weight with the trailer loaded? This model was my first choice but I may have to go to an ultralight due to my low payload rating on my truck.
tomnjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:38 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnjo View Post
Have any of you 212 owners checked your tongue weight with the trailer loaded? This model was my first choice but I may have to go to an ultralight due to my low payload rating on my truck.
I plan to take my TV and TT over a CAT scale, but I won't have that opportunity until mid-June.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng45ine View Post
I plan to take my TV and TT over a CAT scale, but I won't have that opportunity until mid-June.
If you remember to post your numbers on here, that would be great. Thanks in advance.....
tomnjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #36

Absolutely!
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #37

Quote:
Shower mods - curved curtain rod, shower curtain (cheap), and splash guard.
Nice modifications! We have a 2017 SLx 212 QBW bought it last year. Not sure how to turn the dinete into an extension for the small jack knife couch. When I fall asleep watching tv I get all cramped up. I guess a sheet of plywood with hinges on it would work. We boondock a lot headed to Shenandoah and Frisco parks in May. Got a Zamp 160 solar for the camper battery and spare battery with Norfolk battery box to run the TV. What has anybody done to remove Black Streaks? I pull this with a 2016 Toyota Tacoma limited with Equalizer WDH no problems...Yet. On Youtube Less junk more journey swears by TT tire pressure gauges. Anybody recommend these or not? Thanks
Golf_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #38

My wife and I just bought this same model a couple of weeks ago. This tread is very helpful in so many ways.
Ron Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #39

It is a very nice Husband n Wife layout. Just waiting for the temps outside here in SW Ontario so i can uncover ours and do the underbed modification.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 AM   #40

Quote:
Here are the pics of the dinette removal and bar installation. It does open a lot of floor space.

That's really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro