Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
Originally Posted by wkc22fb View Post
WOW, this is GREAT......I mean to get me outta the doghouse great, not great that you awesome JOF members had to deal with those hardships. Thanks for sharing your stories and providing me with some ammunition!
Good luck !!!

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
We bought our 28 BHS last year. Brand new from the dealer just before Memorial Day. I work in a repair shop and you would expect me to be better prepared. Ourfirstvoyage out I got a flat on the truck. I talked about putting new tread on the expedition, but we weren't going far. Our vacation trip, we were off to Disney. Going to leave around 3 AM. Thought if I pulled out of the driveway it would be less annoying to the neighbors as everyone is pretty close here. On the way out, I caught the fence with the back corner Of my gorgeous new camper..not the way i wanted to start a vacation. Now I drive tow trucks, and tractor trailer. I pride myself on being able to put this thing anywhere we want to go. So when I came home from our first weekend of camping this year and was arrogantly backing in the drive way listening to the radio like I was 17, the stabilizer jack cought a brick of my brand new retaining wall and took out about 6 feet of it, think I learned enough lessons to last awhile. This is my 3rd camper and never hit the. Others, guess I needed to be be put in my place.

ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
Drove 1200 miles to Florida one week with no mishaps. Checked in at Fort Wilderness and while we were leaving the check in station I hit an orange barrel. Very minor scrapes.
Joe, Joyce , 4 Kids and 3 Dogs.
2004 V-10 Excursion with Hellwig sway bar, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer, Super Duty Tow Mirrors,
3.73 Gears, Reese dual cam, Prodigy brake controller.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
Well, I went over a speed bump leaving the campground......I heard a dreaded bang......stopped and checked for damage and couldn't find any damage.....I was mystified until I got home......turns out, I smacked the WDH on the speed bump from a low tire on the right rear of my truck. It left a 6" scratch on both spring bars. No damage to the TT thank God

2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote