Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
Dissapointed in 2012 330 rlts quality

I just bought a new 2012 330 rlts 3 weeks ago.I love the floor plan and the amenities.But Ive got a list of stuff wrong a mile long.Ranging from the slide tape buckling to ceiling trim falling,shades that cant be leveled to THREE nails and staples penetrating my siding from the inside out.Incomplete caulking in the shower and the sofas are both broke loose from the wall.I thought I had bubbles under my graphics,heck no the fiberglass itself is dished about 1/32 inch.About 4 spots like this.Each about the size of a quarter.I just traded a 15 yo fleetwood prowler and never had but a couple issues with it.I know all these(and more)problems will be fixed under warranty but the hassle of driving 95 miles one way twice just gets under my skin.I guess they dont build anything like they used too.Scott.

2012 eagle 330rlts
2004 Ford F350 dually CC, 6.0 powerstroke
fredbear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
ďI guess they donít build anything like they used too.Ē Your bottom line says it all. I had a cabinet door fall off because the mounting holes for the hinges were stripped (too much torque). I had to fill the holes and start over on several doors. Also, my TT had insufficient and sloppy caulking, and some other issues that became warranty work.

In my opinion, sales have become a much higher priority than quality. Your problems, as well as mine, appear to be the result of hurry-up production methods and lack of quality control. I think those types of problems are common no matter what brand you buy. Quality has become a marketing theme used to increase sales, not necessarily improve the product. There is honest marketing out there (I think), but there are those types who are trying to fool us. We need to be smarter consumers.

Here is my bottom line: Please donít misunderstand the above comments. I enjoy my Jayco x17z. Iím glad I have it, and I would buy another one. I hope the production people start paying more attention to detail, and we improve as consumers. Am I asking for too much?

OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
I have a 2012 Jayco 29RLDS and found a few things wrong with it on my first 2 trips. I have a leak under the shower door also, had a bolt from underneath coming up through the kitchen floor, a nail coming throught the trim on the inside of the trim around the slide, a shade over the couch that wouldn't work and the drawer on the bottom of the couch didn't have a strap to keep it closed. It's at the dealer now being fixed. Still a lot better than the 2012 Dutchman I started to buy. I guess as said before, they don't make things like they used to.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Fred - first of all welcome to the forum....if you have a chance come on over to the new area and introduce yourself.

Sorry you are having issues...hopefully you can get them resolved quickly and you will be happy with your Jayco like so many of us are.
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Guys - lets make sure we keep this constructive on how to help folks with issues. Rants and disparaging comments about Amish will be removed.
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Sorry to hear about your many problems, I hope Jayco steps up and fixes them in good order.
The only "real" issue I've had was to replace a defective stereo (Jensen) which was a very plesant experience.
I've watched the utube vid of Jayco building (putting together) a TT and I'm surprised we don't have many more assembly issues.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
We went to the factory in June to see Pinnacles assembled. The workers are on piece work so they do hustle, the workers are a mix of Amish and English, I agree don't be negative. I am surprised that there are so many issues with the above trailer, they do segregate trailers with issues for repair. Did this one get missed? they even pull trailers at random and soak them down to check for leaks! Working at a JD dealer I tell folks if its man made it's not always perfect. I know it's alway's a pain to go to the dealer, our last trip was to get estimate on hail damage, so we made a night of it.
2010 24FBS
2005 F150 extended cab
hotrod51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
I work for a car manufacturer. We hustle as well! You only have x amount of time to complete a process. We to have an area where cars with issues are reworked. We also pull random cars an test for water leaks. We do however check every thing and I mean every thing to be sure it works. We have numerous inspectors all through the assembly line as well. But yes some times an issue does get through. Paying the employees on piece work though only makes quality worse. Every employee is out to surpass that magic number, and that can lead to problems.
2012 Jayco 32 TSBH
Stored in Myrtle Beach/Surfside SC
2006 Tundra DC with tow package
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
I have often stated that if any manufacturer built RVs the way the should we would not be able to afford them. Manufacturers of some of the best built ones went out of business or at least the RV side of their business. The Clark Cortez and the Travco motorhomes are examples of well built units that were cost prohibitive to sell after Winnebago introduced their Thermo-panel construction method to the industry.

I have never seen any new RV on a lot that I could not find several construction assembly imperfections somewhere on the unit. I noted a few on mine, but they were not objectionable, did not impair functionality or detract from the appearance. As for other defects, I had about 11 items that surfaced during the first use that were all corrected by the dealer under warranty.

I am somewhat curious as to the number of problem areas you noted. Did you purchase the unit sight unseen? The more glaring defects, particularly on the exterior seem as if they would have been detected on initial observation. The smaller problem areas typically are found only after use.

In any event, I hope you can have these issues resolved and wish you nothing but the best with your Jayco.
2010 Jayco 17Z
99 Ford E-350 Chateau Super Duty V-10

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Seems to me the dealer might/should have found something on their inspection or with you on your PDI. Hard to believe they all cropped up in three short weeks. Some must have existed at time of purchase. I hope everything is fixed and you can get the sour taste out of your mouth.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote