Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Site Team
Oh, I see. So Don would take off the fitting leadng to the regulator and replace it with a T?

Here are some pics of the Weber. Let me know what you guys think. I will pass this on to Don when he gets up (even without x-box live, he goes to bed way after midnight even with camping ).
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4661.jpg   DSCF4662.jpg   DSCF4663.jpg   DSCF4664.jpg   DSCF4665.jpg  

Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt

CLICK HERE to save 30% $$ or more off your next Jayco RV
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
You have an older (or newer) grill. My previous Weber had the regulator separate from the control knob which would make this easy to do. Not sure how much success you'll have with that configuration since it's all in one, but you could try.

Karl - Southeast, NY
2011 Jayco Super Lite 30.5 BHLT
2003 Ford F250 Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel My mods Bathroom Door Water Filter TV mount Cork Board
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
It does appear that the regulator heat control is all one unit on your grill. I have the Baby Q and the regulator simply unscrewed from the control and I was able to adapt a QC to the control and run off the low pressure side of my system.
Personally, before I would go adding tees and connectors to the high side of your propane setup. I would spring for a grill that would allow adaptation to the low pressure side of your trailer. With the correct fittings, that would enable you to use the same LP output that you use for any other outdoor appliances with no additional plumbing necessary. I have an outdoor kitchen with a stove and my setup allows me to use their the stove or the grill off of the same QC. All I did was extend it to the edge of the triailer using a pipe nipple and a coupling. Some shopping around on the Internet will turn up a couple of manufacturers of propane fittings. Mr heater makes a complete set in both sizes. My Keystone uses Fairview gas connections and they are also available everywhere on line and you can order just one side if that's all you need.

Just so you know, the quick connect fittings that Home Depot and the other hardware stores sell for air compressors are not suitable for gas connections. You'll have to find them at a RV place or somewhere that specializes in Propane equipment. Hope this helps.

2010 22FB(Ret)
2013 F250 XLT
I now have a Keystone Outback, but I try to help when I can.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote