update on our 264BHW
I haven't posted on here for awhile, so I thought I would offer an update.
We just returned from a 3 night Fall break trip, which brings us to a total of 16 camping nights in our 264BHW since buying it back in February. We're still very pleased with the overall comfort and quality of our "tenement on wheels" (to use the phrase from a favorite movie). Everything is holding up well. Nothing has broken or broke down. Our only issues seem to be minor.
On the negative side of things:
* I made a minor adjustment to a lower cabinet door which wasn't closing to our satisfaction.
* I still struggle to keep the outside looking sharp, due to black streaking, but with diligence and elbow grease it can almost completely be eradicated.
* My wife and I wish our mattress was more comfortable, but we still manage to sleep well.
* The metering for the tanks seems irregular, sort of leaving it a guessing game about when tanks are actually full.
* The stabilizing jacks are squeaky and need greasing to keep operating quietly and smoothly.
* The hitch and hauling are noisy, sort of clanky and squeaky, which means everyone can hear us coming.
On the positive side of things:
* We've been extremely pleased with the water pressure when hooked up to city water, even with regulator set at around 50 lb.
* We've also been impressed with the hot water capacity. There are times when we're washing up dishes, and 3 or 4 of us taking showers in the morning, and it's almost like home. We do know when the water is cooling off, and we wait a few minutes for it to restore.
* The fabrics and cushioning are holding up well, along with other interior coverings, etc. When we return from trips, my wife insists on a top to bottom interior cleaning as soon as we get back as possible. When that's done, inside still looks and smells new.
* We're finding ample storage if we pack smart. And we picked up a few organizer add-ons which have really helped with all that.
* Underneath storage is excellent and more than sufficient for us.
* AC and Heater both do their jobs, cooling off or warming up trailer in decent time.
* Each time we use it, it stlll feels like a dream come true.
I'll be winterizing soon, and looking forward to planning our next trip during Spring Break.
Thanks for reading!