Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #1

Talon 313T Problems

Ok, I realize that there is nothing that is perfect but every time I take the trailer out I return to the dealer with a ton of things that don't seem to be right or work. I have a friend down the road that purchased the same model with the upgraded chair option and seen the same things wrong with there. So here is a list of all the problems I have had since new in Feb 2019 also mine is a 2018 model if that makes a difference.

Propane change over valve would not change tanks
Trim at the main door wasn't nailed on right.
12-volt tank heater switch under the bathroom sink burned out
Sidelight for water hookup was burned out
Bug screen in the rear garage pulled out
Generator display fell into the cabinet
Slider starting binding real bad
Awning light is wiggly and all over the place
Rubber seal on the under storage bin started shrinking and pulled off
The grey tank handle fell off one of the tanks. I caught the other two handles and loc tight them on
The drawer under the refrigerator and the bottom panel fall out. (the guides may be rated at 60 lbs but the stapled together bottom is not.
The poop sprayer was hooked up backward.
The over the air antenna bezel was stripped out and falling off the roof
The trim on the roof in the garage is bowing and pulling away from the wall
The exterior lights will go really dim for no reason. (still trying to figure that one out)
The batteries went dead overnight on the last trip the generator had been running for 2-3 hours then shut down at 10 pm by 5 am they were dead. The only thing on was the led light under the countertop and the heater set at 55-60
Crack in the fiberglass from a shotty install on the trim
LED light missing from the day of pickup

That's the list so far. I was really hoping that a Jayco trailer would have been built better. The dealer is at least fixing stuff and making it right. It still sucks that my trailer is in the shop more than in my possession. Maybe that is also why Jayco moved the Talon to the Eagle facility?
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #2

I've had many of the same issues. I just don't leave it with them long. I take in and let them fix what they can in a week and let them order parts. Once all the parts r in in drop of for a week and let them install. As well as give them the new list. Mine is in for 3 weeks right now because they are just that far behind, summer rush. My list gets smaller each time in thou. And I haven't had jayco turn down anything so far. And I haven't had any issues that prevented me from using my trailer as a want. Getting a 3rd ac while it's in this time!
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #3

talon 313T problems

I have had some of the same problems and some u did not have. very poor quality control. very poor dealer prep. I don't think the dealer even looked at it after he received it. I do most of the repairs my self as I figure I probaby as good as anyone they would hire & don't want to leave at dealer. Had local TV installer out yesterday as cable and antenna cables screwed up need to install some jumpers to get bedroom tv to work.
cubbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #4

I forgot to add one of my favorites. I had turned the fuel station on only to be sprayed with gas. They never tightened the line from the pump to the handle.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #5

talon 313T problems

I also had no switch in bathroom for heating pads probably never know if they even hooked it up. no switch to turn onboard sewer pump hot water heater not work on electric wired wrong. screw in fuel line going to generator
cubbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbear View Post
I also had no switch in bathroom for heating pads probably never know if they even hooked it up. no switch to turn onboard sewer pump hot water heater not work on electric wired wrong. screw in fuel line going to generator
I think the build quality was complet crap on these units!
Old 09-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #7

My tank heater switch wasn't lighting up either. I found a fuse missing in fuse panel. I put one in and it worked fine. Mine is a 413t. Switch is in an upper cabinet in kitchen about the little bar area. It energizes a wall outlet in my lowest cabinet next to the garage.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:05 PM   #8

I know some of is inconvenient, but it the process of figuring sum of this stuff out I've learned more about the working of my camper. Things I'll need to know once I'm out of warranty. Just saying.....
And when the dealer fixes things I make sure I talk with them so I know what they did so I can prepare to when that day comes. I'm still very happy over all with my purchase. especially at the price point of the talons....

Tags
313t, talon