Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threebutchers View Post
When I was pulling wire for a 5 speed fan for the bathroom, I found that Jayco uses fiber glass insulation in the roof...
Total hijack here...where did you find the wires for this? I want to add a fan to the bathroom in our 184BH. I was thinking of splicing off the light.

Funny, of all the mods I've done or thought about, the speakers never occurred to me. I hate how you really only hear one at a time. There is no true "stereo" sound unless you stand directly between them. They seem to only shoot the sound straight down. I think putting one on the wall dividing the bunks and another on the panel of the front overhead cabinets would help push the sound across. That would also prevent the ceiling sucking in the chambered sound and rattling the odds and ends up there. You could actually build a little box in both of those locations, or at least isolate the speaker, to get better sound.

rangerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdoc View Post
Total hijack here...where did you find the wires for this? I want to add a fan to the bathroom in our 184BH. I was thinking of splicing off the light.

Funny, of all the mods I've done or thought about, the speakers never occurred to me. I hate how you really only hear one at a time. There is no true "stereo" sound unless you stand directly between them. They seem to only shoot the sound straight down. I think putting one on the wall dividing the bunks and another on the panel of the front overhead cabinets would help push the sound across. That would also prevent the ceiling sucking in the chambered sound and rattling the odds and ends up there. You could actually build a little box in both of those locations, or at least isolate the speaker, to get better sound.
What kind of speakers do you have? I just changed my stereo and put in 2 new kickers instead of stock speakers I am more than happy with the sound i don't even think I'll be adding more speakers to it. Also I'm not experiencing rattling etc...

Makavas is offline   Reply With Quote