Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2015, 06:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Arvee View Post
Ranch Rd 337 between Lost Maples State Park and Garner State Park in Texas was a good test of hill climbing in the GreyHawk. Road climbed nearly 600ft elevation in 1.5 miles. Google Earth reads 4% to 14% grade on this roadway section.

Well into the hill I was in tow mode with my foot nearly to the floor, rpms were high and speed was decreasing from 45mph, the scan gauge said I was using 300hp.

The rest of the road was winding and had more climbing. Like I said, it left me needing more torgue. But breaking was no issue. The Greyhawk and E450 has great brakes, and the trans brake kept us well under control on the way down.

If I climbed a lot of hills this would probably get to be an issue. But we generally dont travel roads with great hills, so this is not a problem for us.
My GoogleEarth app was removed during a repair and won't reinstall. What is the elevation of those parks? I'm guessing it's below 5000' but really have no information. All the search engines seem to see is the parks and give me sites with info on them, ignoring elevation/altitude.

At this point I've pretty much ruled out any gasser.

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #12

Cekkk

The precept shotgun seat has more room than you need. It goes all the way back and swivels around to become part of the front room. Also, although the Precept is the Ford 450 also, , the Greyhawk has 305 HP while the Precept is 362HP. Big difference in power. Take a look. You might be surprised.

Bob

2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs C Class View Post
The precept shotgun seat has more room than you need. It goes all the way back and swivels around to become part of the front room. Also, although the Precept is the Ford 450 also, , the Greyhawk has 305 HP while the Precept is 362HP. Big difference in power. Take a look. You might be surprised.

Bob
Also built on the more commercial F53 chassis as opposed to F450. Would be fun to drag race a new Precept and new Greyhawk to see how they compare. should ask the dealer if they would oblige to help you make a decision on purchase
Old 01-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Arvee View Post
Ranch Rd 337 between Lost Maples State Park and Garner State Park in Texas was a good test of hill climbing in the GreyHawk. Road climbed nearly 600ft elevation in 1.5 miles. Google Earth reads 4% to 14% grade on this roadway section.

Well into the hill I was in tow mode with my foot nearly to the floor, rpms were high and speed was decreasing from 45mph, the scan gauge said I was using 300hp.

The rest of the road was winding and had more climbing. Like I said, it left me needing more torgue. But breaking was no issue. The Greyhawk and E450 has great brakes, and the trans brake kept us well under control on the way down.

If I climbed a lot of hills this would probably get to be an issue. But we generally dont travel roads with great hills, so this is not a problem for us.
------------------------------------------------------------

I looked into 5 Star tuning as I've heard good reviews on the product and will be installing this in my unit.

The SCT X4 would be a nice fit for your RV. See here for some specific tune details
Got A V10 RV; A RV Daily-Tow type map/ tune will net you better pulling power & better shifting from tip in through 4000 RPM's and can net some better economy. The RV just with an 87 Octane fuel tune will run with more power through the entire RPM range and much better shifting

Rick

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs C Class View Post
The precept shotgun seat has more room than you need. It goes all the way back and swivels around to become part of the front room. Also, although the Precept is the Ford 450 also, , the Greyhawk has 305 HP while the Precept is 362HP. Big difference in power. Take a look. You might be surprised. Bob
But Guys, at home base that 362 hp is closer to 265, or less. I'll try to find a Precept to look at, but it's going to have to be very impressive to sway me to a gasser.

As for the chairs, I was surprised that the Seneca we looked at did not have swiveling chairs. That's a bummer when company drops in. Got more looking to look forward to.

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote