Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2024, 12:51 PM   #1

Replacement recliners

Has anyone replaced their recliners in their Northpoints? We purchased our 2021 377rlbh this past summer and I'm thinking of replacing them or repairing them.We use the camper as a seasonal so not driving it on the road.
Anyone used wallhugger recliners or other recliners. Thanks
cojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 01:27 PM   #2

We're getting ready to do the same thing.
Frosty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 04:28 PM   #3

The ones in ours now are making a sound like grinding gears, they aren't very comfortable either. I've looked at the rec pro online but people say they're kinda small and I'm kinda big.
Lazy boys or some other brand may be the answer, hoping someone chimes in with some suggestions. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:47 PM   #4

As long as the new recliner comes in two pieces meaning the back is removable (so it can fit through the doo)r any recliner should work as long as it fits within the space of course.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:27 PM   #5

We are replacing our cracked and peeling loveseat with a La-Z-Boy reclining and wall hugging loveseat. It will not have the center armrest as the ones with it were too wide for our spot. The style is Pinnacle (not kidding). We ordered it a month ago and should have it in a couple of weeks according the furniture store. We cut a piece of the old loveseat cover off and was able to get close to the color in a cloth fabric. We're not fans of leather as the cloth is more comfortable for us.
F350guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:24 PM   #6

I think a lot of us will be replacing the recliners and sofas in Jayco RVs. Mine is 2020 Eagle HT fiver's recliners are holding up OK except for the upholstery. The padding compressed within the first year and the cheap upholstery is cracking in several places. Our couch looks like an elephant sat on it and the recliners look like they have psoriasis and dandruff!
This will be an interesting thread to follow. Maybe we can get RecPro to mass produce the Jayco replacements - there will be plenty of need for them!
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:09 AM   #7

Thanks for the responses. I started looking at the lazy boys and there are quite a few,not able to get in at our seasonal for a while for measurements.
I hope some more people make some suggestions ,people that have had them and like the ones they got. Or people who don't like the ones they got.
When I'm done with this problem I'm going to have to move on to our god awful uncomfortable fold out couch!
Old 03-19-2024, 08:20 AM   #8

We replaced the recliners in our 2016 Eagle HT with RecPro Euro recliners and are really happy with what we got. They work much better than the old recliners that came with the unit. Before buying anything, we ordered the Furniture Swatch sample to make sure we liked the colors. At the same time, we removed the couch in our unit and replaced it with a desk for working on the road. We have had them over a year and they seem to be holding up well, but only time will tell.

Currently Working, but able to work remote some of the time. :-)
2016 Jayco Eagle HT RLTS - Disk Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper springs with Shocks, Reese Goosebox.
2008 Toyota Tundra - 46 Gal fuel tank (best upgrade ever), Airbags.
piperinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:39 AM   #9

We replaced furniture in our previous camper from the furniture store. Weight was the same and much more comfortable.
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 09:03 AM   #10

Thanks for your input. Did everything fit pretty well compared to the RV stuff? I'm using our Northpoint as a seasonal so the weight shouldn't matter too much,but it is in the slide out so I'm going to have to pay attention to that.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:23 AM   #11

We measured the factory furniture distance from the wall and found a recliner that was the same or less. It may have stuck out a little further than the original but not much. My other concern was I did not want it sitting on the edge of the slide out. So you have to take into consideration the distance the headrest goes back and also, with the headrest back, the distance to the front feet.
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 04:20 PM   #12

We've had Lazy-boy in our house for 10 plus years and just bought a new one. What a piece of JUNK. Immediately after delivery we noticed that the foam in the seat was crap, you were very quickly sitting in a hole. Called the store and their response was that we needed the "upgraded" memory foam. Oh ya that's a $150.00 upcharge but they would give us a deal, $110.00. Even with that it still wasn't great, you werre eventually sitting in a hole just took longer to get there. We have Thomas Payne recliners in our 2020 Pinnacle and are quite happy with them.
Lyonseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:30 PM   #13

Reupholster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojay View Post
Has anyone replaced their recliners in their Northpoints? We purchased our 2021 377rlbh this past summer and I'm thinking of replacing them or repairing them.We use the camper as a seasonal so not driving it on the road.
Anyone used wallhugger recliners or other recliners. Thanks
The recliners are easy to remove I bought some upholstery fabric similar in color to the artificial leather originally used I recovered the back (removable) and seat easily with staple gun and hog ring pliers the arm required a little sewing but covered the pealing areas
Armycamper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 08:44 PM   #14

We bought non Rv furniture. Ours are not “wall huggers” the just get pushed against the wall when we close up and they have so far 2yrs haven’t moved
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:52 PM   #15

We bought La Z Boy Pinnacle Couch and Recliner / rocker. Fits perfect. Comes apart so it was easy to get through the door and into the camper

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
We bought La Z Boy Pinnacle Couch and Recliner / rocker. Fits perfect. Comes apart so it was easy to get through the door and into the camper
Our Pinnacle love seat is due any day now.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #17

Our La-Z-Boy Pinnacle love seat finally came in this week and it's the wrong color. We found a fabric that was a very close match to what we had but got a call from the furniture store that the factory was out of that one. LB said they had another one that was almost an exact match to the one we picked. It isn't so back to the store today. The one we got is a good match for the interior of our Pinnacle but clashes with the couch. I don't like the couch either but hadn't planned on replacing it now as it's not peeling like the love seat. If they give me a good price I may just order a couch to match.