Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2024, 06:44 PM   #1

Shower head too low

I know this has been discussed before and I have searched those threads but haven’t found what I’m looking for. I have a shower head in our TT that hits me in the face so I need to raise it. I’m looking for an extension arm that will extended the shower head out away from the wall more so the head is pouring straight down not pretty much straight out from the wall. I’ve included a pic of our shower.

I have tried the shower head in this link but the mounting bracket was wrong and, by design it wouldn’t fit on the included mounting bracket so I returned it.

ARNONJABBOK RV Shower Head with... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7K9H6B5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Anyone found anything similar? Doesn’t seem like there’s many options out there.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1389.jpg  
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 06:56 PM   #2

While I didn't have this exact one (so I can't say how well this one works) I have had this design in a previous RV. In fact I had purchased 3 at the time and I installed one high, one low, and a second high one to the front wall so I could place the shower head wherever I wanted. ~CA
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
Old 02-24-2024, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
While I didn't have this exact one (so I can't say how well this one works) I have had this design in a previous RV. In fact I had purchased 3 at the time and I installed one high, one low, and a second high one to the front wall so I could place the shower head wherever I wanted. ~CA
Thanks CA yeah I’ve seen that and also saw where some are using the stick on broom hangers as shower head holders but I’m looking for an arm that extends out away from the wall.

I bought the one in the picture below but they have a faulty mounting bracket so there was no way to mount the shower head. Worst case I could order another one and see if it was a one off situation but that’s not ideal.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1390.jpg  
Old 02-24-2024, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
Thanks CA yeah I’ve seen that and also saw where some are using the stick on broom hangers as shower head holders but I’m looking for an arm that extends out away from the wall.

I bought the one in the picture below but they have a faulty mounting bracket so there was no way to mount the shower head. Worst case I could order another one and see if it was a one off situation but that’s not ideal.
Just FYI, but I suspect you already see this, if you mount this mount up high, then this mount has a swivel that will allow the shower head to point straight down (or close), but, it isn't a lot further from the wall but is a noticeable amount (as far away as the shower head handle is long). What you shared seems like that style would work out best for you, maybe another brand and send the one you have back. ~CA
Old 02-24-2024, 07:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Just FYI, but I suspect you already see this, if you mount this mount up high, then this mount has a swivel that will allow the shower head to point straight down (or close), but, it isn't a lot further from the wall but is a noticeable amount (as far away as the shower head handle is long). What you shared seems like that style would work out best for you, maybe another brand and send the one you have back. ~CA
Yeah I held the shower head arm assembly up in our shower and it would work great. Turns out my wife hasn’t dropped it off at UPS for return so I may try to modify the mount so that it works. I can’t find another brand or anything similar to what I posted above.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:00 PM   #6

Wanted to follow up on this. The shower head I posted about and provided a link to had a defective mounting bracket. I was able to get the correct bracket and get the shower head installed. This weekend we had a chance to test it out and we love it. I’m 6’ and there’s plenty of height. For the first time in over 30 years of RVing I have a shower that hits me in the top of the head not t in the face. The wand is also a nice accessory. So far it’s working out great.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1431.jpg