Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #11
Esch does allow the fires and there are several dog friendly beaches there also. We just got back from a tour of Straits, Indian Lake, Munising Tourist Park, Aune Osborn at the Soo, Aloha, and North Higgins. I'll let you know of all of them shortly. Need to get some sleep as we only got back a couple of hours ago.

2008 Jayco 322FKS, Hemi, Hensley, Oreo the Malshi, DW and I

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
When you go to the u.p. Stay at brimley state park... Very centrally located.. Lots to see and do!

Campergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Campergirl View Post
When you go to the u.p. Stay at brimley state park... Very centrally located.. Lots to see and do!
Campergirl, that's where I was thinking of staying. It looks perfect!
2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Mears SP was packed & understand about cars parked along sides, but hubby drives 18 wheelers as part of his business so he's able to get into any space. I quickly adjusted to how packed it was, but we sure did love the atmosphere & sandy sites. We met some very nice people w/kids, so mine we're happy. Didn't do the "pumped facility" in Ludington. If we had a different site than Pines 59 in Ludington, we wouldn't of moved, but we were actually happy that it happened because we found Mears & PWater to be a very nice surprise. We've already decided were going farther north to Mackinaw/Cheboygan area and Sault Ste. Marie next year same time. If you have any suggestions for those two, would gladly hear them. You have a beautiful state!!! And we spent most of our money on gas!! Lol!
On the way up to the U.P. or back down I would recommend Hartwick Pines State Park, totally beautiful, there is a patch of forest that was never logged with some pretty big trees, lots of nice hiking trails. In the UP, I would recommend Tahquamenon falls state park, this has got to be one of the nicest State parks in Michigan, we have camped there the last two years, Sault Saint Marie is about an hour from there and is a nice day trip, Soo locks tour is nice! I would def try and make it to Whitefish point also, breath taking views there, we skipped that first year, went this year and realized what we had missed. We went to Straits state park last year its ok, nothing great, nice bridge views. We hit Mackinaw Mill Creek this year, then Tahquamenon then Hartwick on the way back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120827_164425.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	5370Click image for larger version

Name:	20120828_105805.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	5371Click image for larger version

Name:	20120830_191844.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	5372
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
Although we haven't been RVer's for long, we have camped and/or visited many of Michigans CG's and attractions. As far as camping in the TT, we had nothing BUT good things to say about Aloha State Park, Hartwick Pines State Park, and Ludington State Park. All of them are spectacular in their own unique ways. Aloha SP has many sites right on Mullett Lake offering unbelievable sunsets and peaceful days and nights. The beach isn't that great, but the water is as clean as clean can be. The CG itself is easy to navigate with your TT and TV. Nice amenities, clean and modern restrooms, nice CG store. Plus, it's close to many area attractions, including Mackinac Island/City. Hartwick Pines State Park is absolutely stunning!! Virgin pine trees that stand over 100 feet tall, nice hiking/biking trails, clean restrooms/showers, abundant wildlife. Ludington State Park is nice, too. I don't care for the sandy campsites, as sand gets everywhere. Clean restrooms/showers, magnificent beach on Lake Michigan, close to Sleeping Bear Dunes, Michigan Adventure, Traverse City (by close I mean within an hour or so). Ludington has a nice river for flyfishing and kayaking, abundant wildlife, but they do have a raccoon problem. 3 lighthouses within a half hour or so, biking/hiking trails. Park store is nice and has everything you need if you should forget something. All of the parks have friendly staff and they do enforce rules, which I appreciate, so that everybody can have fun. Within the next year or so, I hope to spend more time actually camping in the Upper Peninsula. We have driven through some of the CG's up there, and they all look great. Michigan is definitely worth your time if you are looking for pure beauty and relaxation.

2015 Jayco 32 TSBH
2015 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
Equi-l-zer WDH
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote