Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2018, 06:40 PM   #1

Seasonal campsites

I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a seasonal campsite about 30 minutes away from home. Plan is to keep the trailer there instead of the driveway, do a ton a weekend camping, and take the trailer on several other trips. My question is what is a decent price for a pretty spacious spot with all hook ups? This place is asking $2,500 for the year. I pay for my own metered electric. I plan to keep it covered while I’m not there and keep it plugged into electrical to keep the battery charged.
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #2

The price for a full year access isn’t too bad but is really driven by the area and amenities. We’ve used a seasonal site for 12years as it let us enjoy weekends closer to family and it addressed a storage problem at home. Having spur of the moment access to camping was a great option and well worth the cost. It could have easily been less of a value if we didn’t get along with the “camping neighbors”.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #3

All depends on location & amenities. In our area sites range from $800 - 3000 a year. Most include water & sewer. Generally renters are responsible for electric.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #4

Up here in the great white north we only get 5 months of camping season. Going price for a seasonal site at a nice lake is $500 per month , full hookups and electricity inlcuded.

I have my own privately owned property on a lake and only pay $25 per month for electricity during those 5 months.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #5

Check with other campgrounds in the area for their rates and compare. Our seasonal campground has water & sewer, we pay electric directly to Electric Company. The camping season is last Friday in April to first Sunday in October. Our campground has a lake to fish, swim, boat, kayak, etc., plus 2 pools, playgrounds, looks of BBQ grills, several pavilions we can use for parties, Basketball, Wiffle Ball and Volley Ball courts. Plus good Wifi. They offer some planned activities throughout the season.

We pay $4,300 for family of 4 + 2 additional registered campers that can use all the amenities. It's not the cheapest in the area, nor is it the most expensive. We store our camper there all winter. The owners live on site.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #6

I pay about $4400 plus metered electric for my seasonal on Cape Cod. The season runs from May 15th to Columbus day. Fee includes water, sewage, WiFi and cable TV. It also includes winter storage.
Walking distance to the beach. 2018 will be our 4th year. I also pay for $80 for closing/winterizing and $40 for opening each season. We enjoy pulling up to camp, turning the water on and start enjoying the weekend. We go almost every weekend, plus a couple of full weeks if our schedule allows.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:15 AM   #7

Thanks for the replies this really helps. Any ideas on leaving sewer hooked up, how to secure valuables, power etc. Thanks,
Centerline WDH
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #8

I will never understand the cost for a (northern) five month camping season compared to a 12 month camping seasonal (southern) campground. I know their are "Resorts" and there are "Cowpatty" campsites. However the norm still remains to be more cost effective to stay south. Additionally, this also applies to the cost of propane and kilowatt's too.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #9

That’s an issue too. This site will be open mid April to mid October so basically 6 months of use. They do have a nice pool and hiking trails and activities every weekend that we can bring the grandkids to. So $2,500 for a six month site. The site is shaded with lots of room for my small trailer.
Centerline WDH
Old 04-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #10

Seasonal campsites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman65 View Post
Thanks for the replies this really helps. Any ideas on leaving sewer hooked up, how to secure valuables, power etc. Thanks,

I actually put together PVC pipes for my sewage. It stays connected year round. During the season of course the black valve remains closed until my tank is full and I’m ready to dump. My gray water valve remains open all summer.
My place is very secure and the owners live onsite year round. We’ve never had any security issues.
We used to rent a house every summer right down the street from our GG to the tune of almost $1500 a week. So it’s really a good deal vs renting a house IF you use it often.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3606.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	38599
Old 04-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
I will never understand the cost for a (northern) five month camping season compared to a 12 month camping seasonal (southern) campground. I know their are "Resorts" and there are "Cowpatty" campsites. However the norm still remains to be more cost effective to stay south. Additionally, this also applies to the cost of propane and kilowatt's too.

I’m sure it’s more cost effective for seasonal camping in the south, but for those of us that live in the north. We get what we get.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #12

We want to go seasonal this year, but trying to find a seasonal site in the Lakes region of New Hampshire is ridiculous. They are either all full or crazy expensive. Will just do our usual camping and try to lock one in this fall...

2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
We want to go seasonal this year, but trying to find a seasonal site in the Lakes region of New Hampshire is ridiculous. They are either all full or crazy expensive. Will just do our usual camping and try to lock one in this fall...

It seems as though good sites are getting hard to get. I got my site by purchasing the trailer that was originally on it. We really liked the site more than the trailer that was on it. By buying the trailer that was on the site, that gave us dibs on the site. After using the used trailer for the rest of that season, we decided we really wanted a different layout. So over that first winter off season we ordered the new Jayco, traded in the old one, and had the Jayco delivered to the site in the spring.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #14

We’re at $2900 for a seasonal in the Lake George, NY area for a 30/50amp full hookup. Same 6 month mid-May to Columbus Day. We’re just about the mid-level price point for comparable CG’s in the area. And yes, we have a few of those “resort” CG’s in the area getting $5K plus for a seasonal. We get the value out of ours by using it every weekend (50+ nights last year). Like you, we also use it as a storage and staging ground for other excursions elsewhere. We’re heading into season 3 with this arrangement and it seems to work for us.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote