Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #21

2 things:

Much lower theft rate at my site as I don't drink and nobody wants to steal a Dr. Pepper clone.

The fewer people in the park the higher the precautionary level.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #22

We've been lucky and haven't had anything stolen, but I do know some areas have a bad problem with this. A few parks we have stayed in have cautioned us about "locals" coming into the campground and stealing items. State parks and campgrounds in places like the seashore or a big lake, where you have day users who can wander over to the camping area, are more likely to have "casual thievery". RV parks, on the other hand, aren't usually readily available to outsiders wandering through. That said, as the old saying goes "I only trust thee and me and I'm not sure about thee...." Just use common sense and don't leave cameras, expensive sunglasses, Ipods, etc. out where you don't have your eyes on them. I figure if someone needs to steal a beer or a lawnchair from me, he must need it a lot more than I do.
Jamarynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote