Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
Did you need the quick connect male plug end?

Mine has worked for 2 trailers (2 brands) quick connect shutoffs. I would think that the sizes would be standard regardless of COO. In my application I used a male threaded hose end to attachd the hose at the grill with a large union. I am pretty sure it was 1/4 thread, but need to confirm. The other end of the hose came with the propane quick connect fitting and that has worked in both valves without issue. The last TT (Keystone) had a Fairview shutoff valve.

However, there are different sizes in compressed air tool applications so maybe you just need to try another brand.

If I can figure out where I got my hose from 2 years ago I will post.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
Here is the quick connect I bought that I used to connect our grill to the quick connect port on the side of the camper: Baily's Wholesale

I also bought a 10' section of hose with another male end and a female disconnect. Later I bought 2 5' sections of hoses screwed together. Gave me the ability to move the grill up to 20' from the port. I'm very pleased with the results.

jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
I will have to check and see what our trailer is coming with.
Our old trailer had a built in barbQ but it wasn't a very good one, plus it attached tot he side of the camper in an awkward spot.
We use a webber at home..
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
We had an "RVQ" grill on our last unit, and Antigua hybrid. I used that grill on most of our trips. Though I was never really thrilled with having the grill, so close to the camper, also, I did not like the idea of all the greasy cooking smoke being trapped beneath the awning. All I could think of was how greasy our range vent was at home when I was a kid. Our new camper 28BHS I dont use a grill beneath the awning, and ma planning on purchasing a webber bbq to take along with us. I have looked at and talked to lots of folks, and so far the webber looks to be the easiest for clean up..

ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote