Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2016, 05:33 AM   #11

On my Continuous TV the cable connector twisted off the circuit board merely unscrewing the cable with my fingers. I threw it in the garbage where it belongs..

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace817 View Post
Has anyone found a 12v connector or cord that works with the continuous tv?
I had Continu-us TVs in my unit, all were designed to work on 110-volts only, the AC cord fed directly into the unit. They did not have any provision for DC input.

Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:52 AM   #13

I think the inconsistency indicates a problem with the incoming signal. I know with our Continu.us TV, the picture quality can be quite good if the source is HD. My OTA digital channels look GREAT. Most RV resort-type places we have stayed that have cable have it in SD only (just hook up coax from their port on the post to the port on the outside of my trailer, turn the antenna booster off and do a channel search on the TV using the "cable" setting), so it looks like crap for most of the channels (a few of them are HD, but like OP said, those aren't usually the ones DW wants to watch). Of course, it's cheaper and easier for the park to do it this way, and they can put "Cable TV" on their amenities list.

I've only stayed at one park that actually sent me to my spot with an actual cable box that I hooked up in my trailer. I used the HDMI ports, and the picture looked great. Well, as great as that little TV can do. But even then, the signal coming into my trailer was through a COAX line on their post.

All that being said, it's probably a good idea to give your connections a good once-over. Make sure they're all clean and tight. But even the best connections can't fix a crappy incoming signal.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #14

Replaced continu-us TV

My Continu-us TV was working well until about a week ago when the picture disappeared. I suspect one of the video circuit boards needs replacing. Seeing as we are on the road, I did not want to fiddle with this problem. Found a great replacement TV at Best Buy: an Insignia 32 inch dumb TV for $130. It has good reviews on Consumer Reports including a good repair history.

Removed the old Continu-us TV held by 4 M4 cap screws. The Continu-us uses a non-standard mounting bolt pattern. I had to drill holes for the Insignia mounting. It uses the now standard 100 mm square mounting bolt pattern. The Insignia outside dimensions are smaller than the Continu-us. The screen size, however, is the same. I put the top holes of the 100 mm pattern 1-1/4 inches below the top holes of the Continu-us pattern, centered on the old bolt hole center. There was still enough room on the mounting plate for the two new bottom holes. I used a 7/32" drill to allow for some slight misalignment. Bought new M4 cap screws about 1/2" long and washers. The Insignia mounting holes are not too deep. But, it only weighs 9 pounds. The Insignia bolted up to the mounting plate fine.

Reconnected the various wires, and fired it up. Works fine. I bought the 5 year warranty for $30. So I now have 5 years of guaranteed pleasurable view for $160 plus tax. This is not the same TV as my home 55" 1080p unit. But we are, after all, camping. :-)

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote