Originally Posted by tafische
Hey - me too! Let me tell you - that little socket has given me so much grief. I was fighting a low voltage situation in my camper and then poof - everything went out. I checked the fuse by leaving it in the holder and checking continuity off the top pins - it was good. After searching high and low again, I finally discovered that the socket has corroded, caused the fuse to overheat and warp - loosing contact inside the holder. I had a heck of a time getting it out....I cleaned the connections with a flat blade screwdriver, replaced the fuse and it got me by until I could get a replacement. I now have a nice high quality marine grade waterproof (etc,etc) fuse holder. It better work!
FWIW, here's a tip from the telecom industry;
for connections like that fuse socket, which have exposure to the elements, flood the socket with dielectric grease, then plug in the fuse. The auto industry does this also with spark plug connections, where the plug wire boot connects to the spark plug.