Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #11
We did a trip to the dollar store and bought a full set of everything we need for the trailer. It has it's own dishes and cooking implements, it's own soap and cleaning stuff. in the spring we buy or package up dry goods (flour, salt, pepper, sugar etc) and they stay in the TT all season and then get brought into the house to be used over winter.

The best thing (for me) is I usually make pancakes for breakfast so I will ziploc bag all the dry ingredients in single batches so all I have to do is dump the bag into a bowl, add the egg, milk & oil and mix. I will do up a half dozen and keep them in the TT and it saves all the extra measuring cups and spoons to wash while at camp.

only thing to pack/unpack is clothes and food that will spoil between outings

2013 Jayco Jay Flight Swift SLX 184BH
2012 Ram 1500
oobedoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:17 PM   #12
Congratulations, we love our 23B.

In general everything stays in the htt all summer. we have our older utensils, silverware, a couple kitchen knives, plastic plates, cups and so forth in the htt. As for food, non perishables stay in the htt all summer. We empty the frig after every trip. We use older fitted sheets on our beds, so after laundering, they go right back in.

We have one cabinet (lower pantry) reserved for dog stuff. We put shelves in one side of the wardrobe cabinet, we each get one shelf/basket for clothing.

We removed the panel under the sofa, for shoes.

After a few trips you'll find your routine.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #13
We also have a 23b and found we've gotten faster at set up and take down over the years. We load and unload only food, clothing, and bedding after each trip. We use laundry baskets to carry everything from house to 23b and back again. We leave board games, cards, utensils, plates, cups, flashlights, pots/pans, tools, yard games, etc. in the trailer. We put fitted sheets on the fold out tent ends as well as the couch to keep it cooler in the summer, and wash them after each trip. We each have a sleeping bag that we use as blankets. For another seating spot at the table of the 23b, we purchased a small storage bin that is padded so we can sit on it as well as store beach towels and a couple of blankets inside.

As for set up/take down...on the morning we leave, as soon as we wake, we strip down the bed areas, then eat a quick breakfast of cereal and milk. As I clean, the hubby folds the ends in and places the bikes on the back bumper...in addition to taking care of other outside things. We try to do other things the night before like load the folding chairs into the truck after we're done using them. For setting up, I do the inside, he does the outside. However, we also have three older kids who are able to help us and that makes a big difference. As your son gets older, he will be able to help out.

Also, as you do it more often, you will find a strategy that works for you.

2011 x23b
2009 F150
2012 - 33 days camping
2013 - 20 days camping
2014 - 15 days camping
2015 - 15 days camping
Sanali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #14

Originally Posted by Jayson 197 View Post
We find it easy to clean while we still have shore power to run the AC in the hot temps. We also strip the bed and put fresh linens on after each outing. It's our second house, so we have it stocked with more things than we will likely ever need or end up using. If you need a blender, mixer, hot water kettle, slow cooker , electric skillet, griddle or waffle maker, come see us.
You been getting stuff from our TT

2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote