Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #11
I just use the damp rid for the moisture issues...Should look into a dehumidifier

Just picked up mine today
I did get a starter kit with the sewer dump hose and already had wheel chocks, guess I missed on that fun

2014 Jay Flight Swift 294 BHS
2012 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #12
Yea, I'll get a starter kit as well, but even the dealer said it was pretty much the cheap stuff and I would want to go out and purchase better accessories. I guess it is really one of those slow progression kind of things.. Our twin boys are 15 now and we started camping with them when they were around 5. We go out 2 - 4 times per year and for about the last 9 years we did the tent thing.. Always had an eye on the TT's but never even dreamed we would or could get one. Purchased a used popup last year (in good shape), but realized it was barely a step up from tent camping.. After our last trip out for the year (Last November) I started investigating TT's. I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out that I could get a pretty nice TT for around 15K... I was very ignorant of that and figured 30 -40K minimum... And with 2 boys only 3 years away from college and we are in our 50's with retirement (ha ha) coming up in a few short decades.. getting the trailer would never happen... WELL, now that it is I guess it is just a long time wish, dream, that is coming true.. So yea... sewer hoses, chocks, leveling blocks.. all those things are pretty fun.. And Crabman is right that too shall pass. (BTW crabman - that was funny)

2013 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2002 Yukon 5.3L Vortex w/tow package

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #13
I bought a trailer cover as well as wheel covers. If you don't plan on a trailer cover, get the air conditioning cover to keep the debris out and protect the plastic housing from getting weather beaten. The tire covers are to protect the tires from ultraviolet that will dry the rubber and crack it. definitely pull the battery and put it on a battery tender during the winter.

BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote