Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #1

Shore Power Lid LED

Our Hummingbird's outside power cord port has a weather cover with a little blue LED that lights up anytime shore power is connected and energized.

As small as it is, I really like it because I can look out our bedroom window at night and confirm that the power is on in the TT. The little blue LED lights up enough to see it from 200' up the hill at night.

The last time we went camping I noticed that the LED has quit working, only lasted a few months. I'm not sure if other models have this same feature and it's just something that doesn't last long or not.

I'd hate to bring up such a small item as a warranty claim, but I will be taking the TT to the dealership in a couple weeks to get the interior LED's replaced so.....

Is this something that I'm going to go to the trouble of fixing only to have it burn out again a few months down the road?

Should I have them fix it or right it off as a nice feature that I got to enjoy for a couple months?
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #2

If you have it going in already I see no reason not to have it fixed to your satisfaction.

I do recall reading that others have had this LED fail as well but I'm not finding the posts right now.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #3

Yeah that's what I was wondering. If it's something that commonly fails I'd probably be better off letting it ride......my luck they'd mess up something else in the process of fixing it.
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #4

They don't last but one season, I have a 50 amp Marinco cable with led on my boat and it didn't last one season of boating The salesman at the boat supply said they die due to the led embedded in the plastic plug and it overheats burning it out, I really didn't care about the light so I didn't return it.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #5

I found mine dead in January (little less that a year). Good to know that this is common. I'll just forget about mine. No sense in replacing it for it to die again.