Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #11
I have to disagree. We live in a global market and the dealers have to cater to the consumer... The Internet has made the consumer king, whether buying a new product or servicing an existing unit. If you settle for second best then that is what you will receive.. The auto industry is a different animal altogether as free trade has not been effective in this respect. If you purchase a vehicle out of country then your warranty is null and void outside the country of purchase. A well informed consumer will always prevail... I am not lookng to argue but I research everything I purchase and will never let a dealer have the upper hand.

benwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:11 PM   #12
Originally Posted by benwa View Post
I was asked where I purchased my trailer too but was treated fairly even though I purchased out of town. I would not accept being treated differently for purchasing elsewhere... The dealer is still getting paid regardless.i asked them why it mattered where I purchased my trailer and they told me if was for entering my personal information only
What I am saying is that if it comes to a dealer choosing if he services a customer that he sold a unit to and a customer that bought from a competing dealer he will service his customer first every time! As for where you purchased your unit he can get that information from your unit serial number when he enters it into the computer, he doesn't need to ask you! As for an upper hand I'm not sure what you mean but the dealer is there to sell and service units while making a profit, no profit no dealer.....he is making a profit from you. The dealer does not sell at a loss unless he is trying to sell outdated stock and is still likely turning a profit or breaking even.

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote