Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #1

Considering buying 2018 Jayco Envoy

We looked at a 2018 Jayco Envoy Class C MH this week--limited edition of 173 being produced. We have some questions about the Ford E-450 before buying and I'll post a thread on the regular section of the Forum.
susan34982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and happy Class C shopping.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Site Team

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Good luck Class C shopping

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:09 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. Wow didn't know there where 2018 Jayco's already on lots... lots of good info here and some helpful people.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #5

Susan - let me know what questions you might have. We are picking up our 2018 on Saturday.
khdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #6

We bought the Envoy 100 two weeks ago and love it.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #7
Site Team

What sets the Envoy off from the other class C lines? I can't even find it on the Jayco website.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #8

The Envoy 100 is the 2018 year model released in a limited edition of 173. This is our first RV so I can't compare it to others. It has two slide outs and a decent sized bathroom (at the expense of the Queen bed in length). I did find information on it on the La Mesa RV Web site.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #9

Susan, how did you all make out? Did you decide to move on the Envoy?

We have had ours in the driveway for about two weeks now. A few "Items" have come into view since we brought the baby home....

Front TV does not work on inverter....Fixing that one this weekend (this forum has an excellent write up on it.

No bunk ladder...Simple I know, but just one more thing to have to purchase.

No bunk curtain, for teenage traveler, this is a must!! So I am told!!

Fuse panel is at the end of the bed and inaccessible when the slide is in.

There is a whole house filter under the sink, WAYYYY in the back behind a panel. Nice surprise.

It isn't too hard to remove the factory radio, just make sure to get the proper wiring harness from best buy or installer (if you plan to do this outside of an installer) oh and get a antenna adapter, it needs one to hook up to any after market radio.

This is all I have for now, ask time moves on I am sure we will find more pros/cons to share.

Good luck in your decision.
khdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #10

We bought the Envoy. We haven't tried using the TV with the inverter so don't know if it works or not.

When I asked twice about a bunk ladder and was promised they'd find one, during the final walk-through we were told it doesn't come with a bunk ladder and to stand on the arm of the sofa to get up into the bed. Yuck. I bought a two-step with hand rail ladder that works fine instead of a bunk ladder.

We hadn't thought about a bunk curtain since we don't have anyone going with us. They did have to scrounge up the curtain that velcros on the bunk to give privacy from the front cab window. It's a bit saggy even when I tuck it over the bunk cutout.

A whole house filter under the sink? Wow. I'll have to go look to see if we have one. We bought a filter and pressure gauge for the shore water line outside.

I've solved the tumbling and crashing plasticware in the cabinets by laying down spongy shelf liner.

We've done two two-night trips so far, and the only complaint is the mattress slides toward the bathroom wall, leaving a gap at our heads for the pillows to slide off into. I'm considering buying a body pillow or some stiff bolsters to put in that headboard gap. There really isn't enough room on the far side of the bed or at the foot to get up and walk around (it's easier to climb over Neil if I have to go to the bathroom during the night) so if the mattress hangs over the end it's no big deal.

Looking around for where to go in April.

Sue
Old 03-31-2017, 07:12 AM   #11

I am putting in some Velcro to keep the mattress from sliding down.
gabe7924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:52 AM   #12

I bought a body pillow for behind our heads and will try it in April on our next trip. If that doesn't work, I will try your velcro idea.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #13

Susan we removed the flimsy mattress and brought our Overstock 8" memory foam from our old 5vr - however it was standard queen and we took a knife and whacked off several inches at the bottom and sleep like a baby.
Flounder67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #14

Welcome to JOF!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #15

This may be a little late but I bought a Envoy 100 last Dec 2016. I'm a senior lady. Lots of alone travel. I love it! Demanded a bunk ladder and got it. Who sells a rig with an overhead bed with no ladder!?? Have taken to Yosemite with a toad. Drove like a dream. Be careful with driveways as the sewer system is low to the ground and u will scrape.
Desertpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #16

Welcome to the forum, Desertpiggy.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #17

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum. Glad to see you are considering a 2018 Jayco Envoy Class C MH. You have come to the right place to ask questions. Lots of great helpful people here.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #18

I own a 2018 Envoy 100.
Desertpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #19

We have the Envoy 100 - no ladder to bunk but we don't use the bunks....no spare and no rear ladder but seems to be the norm. We have replaced the radio with a new one from Best Buy and had it installed there - We have had 2 small leaks in the bathroom - one behind the toilet and one inside the bottom cabinet in the bathroom - Larry tightened it and so far it is holding. We also had the shower leak a little and added some caulk. **** There is a recall on a brace for the hydraulic pump and waiting on the part at the service dept. Our cabinet door over the sink fell off - be careful..Larry said the cabinets were fastened with short screws not strong enough to hold the doors with the strong latches. Want to replace the kitchen faucet soon. We have taken it to AZ and will soon take it to south TX. Hope all 173 of the Envoy owners can stay connected.
Flounder67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #20

Some annoying things about the Envoy 100

I, too, found the mattress quite willing to slide down. My husband constructed a frame out of pvc pipe to support the foot of the mattress and I deliberately slide it down and then put a full body pillow in the gap by our heads to prevent the pillows from falling over the edge. Works great.

Since we don't travel with other people in our RV, we don't use the bedroom "door." The clothes closet door, however, has a chain that stops it from opening beyond the bedroom door and I found it very annoying to not be able to open the closet door all the way. I unscrewed the chain and let it dangle and now can open the door all the way.

I didn't hear about a recall on the hydraulic pump. I'll call LaMesa RV and find out what they know about it.

The latest pain in the butt with the RV is having the map light over the passenger door stay on for 17 minutes after opening a cab door and the driver's side light won't come on at all. Since it's part of the Ford cab, LaMesa won't deal with it and it's been sitting at a local repair shop for two weeks waiting for Ford to respond to their inquiry about changing the timing on the light and why it's happening (just since the last oil changes in the generator and engine--probably not related because the lights work off the battery). Also the engine won't start if it's been sitting in the driveway for two weeks. I've had to use the auxiliary start button twice. Doesn't seem normal since I don't have to do that with any of our cars.