Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #11
Hi GIFco147, and welcome!

So, you're near Buffalo. If I was near Buffalo, one of my first outings would be to Four Mile Creek SP. (I'll bet you're familiar with it.) We made a Niagara Falls / Canada trip last year and stayed there. We had one of the sites on the shore of Lake Ontario (had to make the reservation 9 months in advance) and it ranks as one of the really great trips we have made. We liked it so much we plan to go back, but there are some other places we want to experience first.

I hope you will enjoy your new TT, and it sounds like you already have a pretty full scheduled planned.

OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
Hello from another Buffalonian (Lockport to be exact).

I can't specifically comment on your situation as I have a Grayhawk 31SS, but wanted to say Hi and hope you enjoy some of the great parks we have here in Western New York.

LkptRvPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
Like I said lots of great people here, I think the bunkhouse is a wise choice, I have 2 kids a boy 12 and a girl 8 the bunks in my 228 work awesome for them. I had a few issues when we looked for ours, first I'm 6ft 6 so anything with a wall near the end of the bed was out automatically, I also knew this would be the trailer I would have for many years to come, I'm not an upgrade every so often kind of guy. My wife wanted a bunkhouse , and I had an SUV with a lower tow rating that put me into the ultralites. So what I did was get what I figured would work for me now and down the road, its big enough to be comfy if we get stuck inside in the rain, but small and light enough for me to tow, I chose no slides because of the time I would keep it and I got the most of the things I figured I'd regret not buying later on. So I got my 228 with all the options except the aluminum rims and the power tongue jack ( my one regret, and a Christmas present this year). Just choose what you think you will keep you happy for as long as you are going to keep it. You have more options based on what you can tow with your Avvy but the concept remains the same in my opinion.
2010 Saturn Outlook
2013 Jayco 228BH
Husband and father of 2
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Site Team
Welcome to the group!

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam